I’m always sad when summer is over. I love the warmer weather, the longer days and the more relaxed schedule that summer has to offer. It has been fast and furious as we have headed into fall. We are busy every evening after finishing a day of school and work! I worked on our October calendar last night and noticed it was quite colorful with all our extracurricular commitments. It is a blessing to be in this busy stage of life where we enjoy events at church, school and within the sports’ arenas. The kids are enjoying school and continue to excel academically. We’ve fit in some dress up days which always amp up the excitement in an elementary school. The boys continue to enjoy the high intensity on the soccer pitch and they are gaining leadership roles at school and at church. This past week, Zander found out that he was voted on as the treasurer of Hawk Leaders at school. Maddox (as a fifth grader) helps on the audio/visual team for his children’s church services in Kidstreet and he was voted on by his class to be their student council representative. One of my favorite things from this past weekend was driving Zander to his soccer game about 1.5 hours away from home. Talking to my teenager the whole ride there made me truly appreciate the stage of life we are in. We were able to celebrate Grandpa’s birthday this past week and my parents made it happen for me to get Cracker Barrel “take out” in memory of Grandma Nancy’s 95th birthday. I’m trying to catch up with friends whenever possible. Carmen met me at Maddox’s practice last week and we were able to chat and run while Maddox had soccer practice. I’m truly blessed by the family, friends and schedule I’m currently experiencing.


No comments:
Post a Comment