Friday, July 31, 2026

Summer Break 2026: Week 9

Well…. I’m in denial that I have to start back to work on Monday! The boys have one more week of summer while I return to school and get things ready for the upcoming year. This week was more laid back than most weeks this summer as I hoped to soak in a little bit more relaxation before the craziness of the school year begins. We got to see Aunt Kelly and her family for lunch on Sunday. We enjoyed two days of disc golf at a local course. I’m content to walk the course while the boys go through the holes with their discs. We would play 18 holes, break for lunch and then play the course one more time before heading home. We did “back to school” shopping for Maddox and I’m waiting to get the list from the middle school to knock out the items Zander will need for his 8th grade year. We tried for a pool day on Tuesday but thunder caused us to pivot and play racketball indoors. On Thursday, we tried for one more pool day but there was a water main break in our area causing a boil water advisory for three days. This meant the pool wasn’t open. Aunt Kelly came to the rescue and let us swim at the apartment complex she manages. We stopped at McDonalds on the way home to get the traditional hamburger/ strawberry shake meal to celebrate Grandpa Bobby’s birthday. He would have been 97 this week. We finished out our last week of summer by playing a par 3 golf course with Grandpa (Grammy and I served as the caddies). The boys had a blast and are already asking when they can go back. It has been a wonderful summer that I know I will miss in the upcoming months. I pray that this school year brings growth for our boys, time with family and friends and the opportunity to enjoy and savor all the blessings we have been given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment