We have two weeks of school behind us at this point and are getting used to our new routine! I am loving the ages of our kids, our conversations in the car and even the busy schedule with nightly commitments for sports and church! I don’t want to claim we have it figured out but things seem to be falling into place each day! Last weekend, I took Maddox to our local honeybee festival while Zander played a round of golf with two of his buddies from school (Austin and Max). They had a thunderstorm pop up around hole #12 and I’m thankful they knew to head to the clubhouse where they waited out the weather and were able to go to the driving range for a bit afterwards. They got a rain check for the back nine to play on a different day. On Sunday, we had a pool party at the McKillops. You will see Maddox attempted to photo bomb the teacher picture! Haha This week, I had to organize our beginning of grade assessments. Carmen brought me a delicious coffee drink before we started the assessments! I’m so thankful for our friendship! This weekend, Zack and I were able to head to Raleigh for a Jack Johnson concert (one of the only musical groups that we agree on and enjoy together) while Grammy and Grandpa took our boys to Zander’s first soccer tournament of the season in Charlotte! We were all over the state this weekend but we are so thankful for the grandparents ensuring the boys were where they needed to be so we could have a night out! We will have many soccer games in our future as both boys are playing travel soccer this year. Zander found out on Friday that he made his middle school soccer team as well! I see us on soccer fields for the foreseeable future…. Stay tuned for picture updates of all the fall sports!




No comments:
Post a Comment