Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Few Things....

1.)  My family came to visit a couple weeks ago on their way to visit my cousin in Virginia.  Since they live in Miami, it is always a special treat to see them! Connor and Zander were able to play cars together.

 
2.) Zander and I went back "home" to visit family and friends over our spring break.  One of my very best friends, Ashley, was able to take some pretty cute pictures of our little man.  I can't believe he will be one next week!!





3.) Grandpa Buzz helped me clean out my car.... which means wash the windows, wipe down the inside and vacuum.  Dad and I have always loved keeping things clean so this is a fun way for us to "bond".  Since dad did most of the cleaning, I believe he would prefer we "bond" over dinner or something more relaxing!  Zander kept us company since the weather was so beautiful! 




Grammy had to work over my spring break, but she was able to get some cuddle time in after work.
4.)  Zander is starting to stand up without holding onto anything.  It will last for only a moment so you have to pay attention to it happening.  He took an "almost" step to me yesterday without holding onto my hands.  He still prefers holding one hand.  He can walk pretty fast this way.  He also has discovered walking/crawling up the stairs and he loves when you help him "walk" back down the stairs.  He will laugh each time his feet hit the next step.  I think we will be installing the gate at the bottom of the stairs sometime soon.  There is already one at the top!
5.) Zander has decided to only eat food items he is comfortable with (bananas, chicken, bread of any kind!, pizza, mac-n-cheese, cereal bars, cheerios, etc.).  He is refusing to eat fruits, veggies or meats that don't look like one of the items mentioned above.  Zack and I are having to be very strong/patient to stifle some of the fussiness Zander has developed when he sees a dinner that is not to his liking.  We are using the word "no" more often and some nights he has not had a full meal.   I know these are just growing pains but this part of the growing process is a PAIN! ;)  Pray that he decides to be less picky about what he eats.

He does LOVE pizza!! (I think he gets that from his mama!);)
6.) Zander does not like sitting on grass.  He tries to keep his hands from touching the green stuff.  Here are a few additional pictures of our cutie from the past week.




No comments:

Post a Comment