Thursday, February 12, 2015

To My New Valentine (Year 2),

Dear Sweet Zander,
As I am typing this post, you are crying because you really don't want to take a nap!  You are typically so good about naptime and bedtime, but there are some days where our schedule is a little off.... and you remind us just how important that schedule is to your daily routines.  I want to be that mom that is really flexible and makes plans based on what we are invited to..... and we do a lot of fun things so it works out most of the time..... but I am also the type of mom that likes a predictable day..... I am very organized and I think this trait is starting to rub off on you.  You will help me clean up your toys, "Swiffer" the kitchen floor, load and unload the dishwasher, and help me with the laundry.  It is so fun to see you trying to put items into the dryer or take them out.  You also have started to prefer to wipe your hands and mouth clean after meal times.  Sometimes if we are having a "messy" meal.... you will stop in the middle of our dinner to ask for your hands to be cleaned.  You reach out and point to the residue that is left behind from whatever food item was there.... as if to say "come on  mom.... I am dirty.... fix this!"  You are starting to be very opinionated about what we do with our free time.  If we are doing something you don't really want to do, you sometimes drop your body weight and refuse to have us continue with whatever the task is.  You have about 12-15 words in your vocabulary..... I think it is frustrating for you because you know a lot of words when I ask you to point to something or give you a command.... you will do it.... but sometimes I think you are dying to simply tell us how you really feel.  You can say:  mommy, daddy, hi, bye, ball, shoe, uh oh, no, more please (more-ne), hot, mine, me, woof woof (for dog), and rmmm rmmm (for car).  You might have some more words... but that is what comes to mind right off the top of my head.  You can identify most body parts and follow simple commands (put on your hat, put on your jacket, put on your shoes, throw this in the trash, sit down, come here, pet Burke, etc.)  I am amazed at what you can do when we are reading a book.  You love to pick out a book to read and you eagerly turn the pages (sometimes before mommy has finished reading the page we are on!).  I will ask you to point out particular animals or objects in the story and you get them right every time!  You are at running speed now... I absolutely love to see you run to me when I pick you up from "school" or to run around the backyard when you are playing with Burke.  You love it when daddy gets home from work (and I do too!).  You will stop whatever you are doing to greet him.  Your favorite foods are quesadillas, pizza, mac n cheese, sandwiches, apples, bananas, grapes, and apple sauce.  You are currently wearing 18 month clothes (you are small for your age) and wearing size 5 shoes.  You will be two years old in April! You can already hold up one finger to show you are a one year old.  We need to start working on two fingers! I love your smile, your laugh, and how you dance to music on the radio.  You will raise your arms above your head and have your hands in fists as you shake them back and forth.  Our evening dance parties are pretty fun to watch!  Zander, as I write this, I want you to know how much you are loved!! Your daddy and I think you are the best little boy.... God has truly blessed our family by planning for you to be part of it!  I hope you continue to love life the way you do!  It is contagious and we are all watching to see what you will do next! I love you, my dear son!
Love,
Mommy
  







Just to compare from last year.... our little guy is growing so fast!


I love what they did at Zander's "school" with John 3:16!

No comments:

Post a Comment