Saturday, December 10, 2016

'Tis the Season

We have officially entered into the Christmas season, and I seem to always forget how excited I get as we anticipate Christmas, how much fun all the gatherings are and how exhausted I feel from all the hustle and bustle of this time of year!  Both of the boys have been somewhat sick over the last couple weeks causing Zack and I to miss another day from work.... but it gave us a chance to cuddle the kids and take time to slow things down a bit.  We were also able to have two date nights back to back for my work Christmas party and then Zack's work Christmas party.  Grannie came and stayed with us for the weekend and was a built in babysitter for both functions!  

The boys continue to play together and it is truly so much fun to watch!!!  It seems that each day the bond they share gets better and better.  Maddox loves following in his big brother's footsteps so he tries to keep up with whatever Zander is doing.... like throwing a basketball or taking a ride in the toy car (both below).  Our little guy continues to be content with crawling or using objects to move from one place to another.  We have yet to see unassisted walking and I am kinda okay with just letting that craziness wait a little longer.... although it would make the mornings and afternoons at daycare drop off/ pick up a little easier!  It is hard to carry Maddox and all the stuff we bring in from time to time (i.e. blankets, cups, diapers, wipes... depending on what is needed).


Zander got to go with me to my school's Christmas performance on Thursday night and he purchased three glitter pine cones to help one of the classes at my school.  I think he had a blast being mommy's only child for the evening.... he got to sit on my lap through the whole concert rather than sharing a leg with his brother!
 I have been able to get some extra cuddles with Emerson in this week.... I usually try to go and visit when I know Boomer has a late night for work or school.  Aunt Lindsey and I have been able to catch up on some television and just catch up on life in between newborn feedings and cuddles!
We were able to go visit Santa earlier today.  I was very happy that all three of my boys cooperated for a family picture!  We have been seeing the same Santa for the last three years and it is amazing to see how our boys keep growing.  Zander has asked Santa for a Blaze racetrack so hopefully Santa will come through on Christmas day! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment