Friday, July 7, 2017

Summer Break: Week 2

1.)  We fit in a couple pool days.... Zander loves his new googles... giving him an added confidence to get in the water and swim around.  One day he tried to go "swimming" without his puddle jumper on which freaked mommy out.... I was so thankful that my friend, Sarah, was nearby to scoop him up out of the water!  These boys require constant supervision near water... I am excited that daddy will be going with us to the pool tomorrow!

 2.) We checked out our new Lowes' grocery store.... I felt like it was an experience and I even joked that Zack and I could go there for a date and be entertained for hours.  The boys loved driving around in the cart!

 3.)  We went to one of Zander's friends' birthday parties...Lynlee is from Zander's "school" and I work with her mom.  Although, I didn't get a picture with the birthday girl.  We did capture a photo of the two boys there.  This is Lynlee's older brother, Cayden.
 4.)  We have fit in some cuddle time this week.  Maddox has shown interest in a television for the first time in his life.  We don't often have the TV on when he is awake.... but mommy needed a few minutes of "quiet-time".... a.k.a I was desperate so I had to capture the rare moment where both boys were sitting still!
 5.)  We celebrated the 4th of July at our church.  We grilled out and enjoyed inflatables.  We even took a picture with our youngest while Zander was bouncing since Maddox rarely has time with his parents by himself. ;)

 6.) We celebrated Independence Day at our house on the 4th.  I was sick most of the day (still have no idea what it was!) so we entertained family and friends at our house and went to bed before the fireworks this year.  I did get a family photo to mark the holiday.  Zander has already made it clear that we will see fireworks next year!
 7.) I loaded up the boys for a trip "back home".  We got to see one of my very best friends, Ashley!! She has THREE boys so we had a day of fun wrangling FIVE boys!  We played inside for awhile, grabbed some lunch and then went swimming! It was so good spending time together and oh, how things have changed since we lived together in college! haha
 8.)  We also got to see Grannie, GranDan, Granny V and PawPaw on our trip.  The boys love spending time with their grandparents whether it is watering flowers (or rocks) or playing bumper pool in the game room!! They are always entertained!


Maddox was worn out from our adventures and slept for about an hour on the drive back!  He has started to get somewhat fussy on road trips and I know this is just a phase but it gets me nervous about future traveling plans we have lined up!
 9.)  I have not had much alone time this summer.  Zander isn't napping too much these days and it seems that I can't even go pee without the boys wanting to spend time together.  They are usually climbing on the stool while I am quickly trying to take care of business!
 I love how Maddox's glasses are upside down in this picture.... too funny!
 10.)  We had another weekly trip to the science center with the cousins.  I'm sure we turn some heads when people see Mom and me moving these three kiddos from one exhibit to another.  It was another successful trip!




I just had to include this sweet picture of Emmy from the 4th.  She is wearing the bathing suit I got her and she is looking so grown up.  I love it when my sister sends me pictures of my niece!!
I also now receive pictures of my nephew, Henry..... which I absolutely love!! This might be my new favorite!  He is getting so big and is so alert.  He is wearing one of the boys' sleepers and it is so fun to see him in the boys' clothes!  Getting pictures of my niece and nephew are definitely one of the best parts of the week! :)

1 comment:

  1. THANK Usss 4 the update.everyone looks so happy,hoping U R ok. LOVE Usss ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete