Sunday, September 3, 2017

Enjoying the Long Weekend!

First of all, we came home Friday with a week full of smiley faces and good reports from preschool.  I am one happy mama and I have one happy big boy!  I am praying that the last few weeks were just an adjustment period and we have our sweet, kind big boy back!  We were both truly excited to see all the stickers he earned this week and all the smiley faces on his weekly report.  He also didn't have any accidents so that was an improvement as well!  Please continue to pray for both boys as Maddox starts at the same preschool on Tuesday, and I am sure we will have some kinks to work out as we figure out the "new normal" once again!
 Zack had all three days off for our long weekend so we have tried to enjoy some family time and knock out a few things on the to-do list. As I am typing this, Zack has been working on mowing the grass, weed eating, and fixing a flower bed in the front of our house that needed some attention while I took the boys for a walk around the neighborhood, fed them dinner and gave them baths.... its definitely a team effort to get anything accomplished with two little boys!  Tomorrow, he plans to work on our six vegetable beds, adding flowers to some and kale to a few others.
Yesterday, we went to the science center for the morning.  The weather was unseasonable cold and rainy so we opted for the indoor options that the science center has to offer.  We had a blast playing in the kids' play area, touching some animals and the boys went into the Antarctic Blast to experience a cold wind!  There were smiles all around all day!




Most of my family is out of town for the three day weekend.  I took Maddox to church this morning since Zander has been fighting some sort of cold, he stayed home with daddy.  I got to get my cuddles in with my second favorite little girl, Laurel!  It definitely made me miss Emmy and I can't wait to cuddle her soon!

And who doesn't love a picture of two cute boys in the bath tub?!  We are excited we have one more day together as a family and Zander has already gotten his adventure vest out (with map and binoculars) so we can hopefully go exploring at a local park or hike somewhere nearby.... stay tuned!
Update:  We went to a local park that has hiking trails so Zander got his "adventure".   He was practicing exploring on the drive there....

1 comment: