Friday, July 31, 2020

Back to Work I Go!

After a very brief summer, the shortest I think I've ever had (and I used to work at the bank or at summer school before having kids), I went back to work this week!  I am required to work from school this year.  Some staff members have the option to work from home or school but based on my position, I am required to be in the building Monday-Friday.  Our school system is doing a remote learning plan for the first nine weeks of instruction which means that I will be bringing a 2nd grader with me each day to hopefully have him complete his assignments (synchronously and asynchronously) while also completing my daily tasks.  I have lined up Grammy to help part of the time (especially when I have days of all day meetings) but we are going to see if our new normal (mommy and Z working at school) will work for at least the first quarter of the school year.  I am so hopeful we will be back in the school building with kids in each classroom like a traditional year but it looks like that will have to wait a little longer!  Maddox will be going to his preschool to finish out his early learning experience as a Pre-K student and will be at school with mommy and brother this time next year! I still can't believe how big our kids are getting and how time seems to fly by from one year to the next!  Since I went back to work this week, I wanted to enjoy some last minute summer fun with my boys while also balancing work obligations.  We fit in a trip to the science center (with Grammy too)!  We also took a couple bike rides (one day with adventure vests worn)!  We had baseball every night this week and will have nightly games next week as we finish out the season.  The Kennedys were able to see both our boys play last night and Grammy and Grandpa have attended as many games as they possibly can!  The boys love having a cheering section!  Also, we fit in a swim at our neighbor's pool one afternoon! 




I had my mom take a picture to document the beginning of year #16 in education! (I guess if you count all the years I was a student as well..... it would be a lot more than 16)!
Grammy has been entertaining our boys until Maddox returns to his preschool and Zander starts school with me.  We are so lucky to have her!!
Grandpa's 91st birthday was this week.  This marks the first birthday we haven't celebrated together here on earth.  I hope he had an amazing celebration with family in heaven.  If you want to know how I celebrated my grandpa's big day..... I grabbed his favorite treat from McDonalds for dinner.  This is the same meal I would bring him each week in his final months here.... so it only seemed appropriate that I would grab it for dinner on his birthday!
My talented art teacher at school was able to use pictures of our boys and create a trading card since official little league pictures won't be taken this year.  We had to document Maddox's first year of baseball and Zander's first year of machine pitch! The boys have had so much fun this season!  Next week will be the last week of baseball and we are sad to not be on the ball fields each night but equally excited for a little more rest in the evenings after the busy days of work and school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment