Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Zander's First Day of Second Grade!

 Zander started 2nd grade this week!! He will be coming to school with me on Monday through Thursday for remote learning.  He will be logging on and working with his teacher for live sessions and also be responsible for completing additional tasks and submitting them electronically.  We are working through getting onto the computer when needed and balancing the workload for Zander along with ensuring mommy can get her work done each day.  I am so proud of how resilient this kid is!  He wakes up optimistically every day and has been enjoying the "new normal".  He has been patient when mommy has had to get a task done/answer a phone/jump on a meeting, etc. before I can answer his question or help him with his assignments.  Fortunately, Grammy and Grandpa will be helping with "field trip Fridays" to help Zander have some time away from the school building (a.k.a. my office) while I have meetings scheduled throughout the whole day.  I think we are enjoying the routine of getting up, getting ready and getting out the door like we would if all students were in school.  We are so hopeful that class can be in the school building after these first nine weeks of 2nd grade.




These boys are doing a great job wearing their masks when they are asked to.  I am so proud of both of them for handling these "uncertain" times with such optimism.  They both wanted to wear their masks for a picture to document this time in history.

I think this shirt is starting to get smaller each year! haha
I had to document the annual first day of school picture..... every year for the last 8 years since becoming a mommy.  This actually starts my 16th year in education!
My office mate on his first day of remote learning.... meeting his classmates and interacting with his teacher!

Maddox has been doing great in Pre-K! He continues to get smiley faces each day and I think he is loving that he can be back at school learning and playing with his friends!  His best friend, Mollie, has also been doing great!  We took the kids to celebrate their first week of Pre-K with ice cream at Dairy Queen!  They are very excited they are in the same class this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment