Thursday, September 17, 2020

All I Want for Christmas.....

 is my two front teeth!  Maddox had his two front teeth extracted on Monday.  Before I get to that, here are some pictures from our past week....

The boys wanted to see if they could make a boat that would hold their buttons.... daddy helped them with aluminum foil and they had at least 500 buttons (that is where we stopped counting) in their boat!

Zander continues to enjoy coming to school with me.  I will admit it is an extremely hard balance though.  Fortunately, he is loved on by the whole staff at our school...... making him smile and encouraging him to get his work done each day.  Here he is with his teacher from 1st grade, Mrs. Pulliam!
Angie's mother in law passed away last week.  Our former office staff is always there for the good, bad and ugly.  Angie wanted to snap a picture and jokingly said "we put the fun in funeral".... definitely blessed by my friendship with these ladies.  Also, I'm rocking a mask full time right now..... I will get to have my grandma over to our house for her birthday next week.... the first time seeing her outside of Arbor Ridge since March.  I am not taking any chances I could pass any germs over to her!
Maddox had picture day on Thursday.  I wanted to capture some of his smiles with his two front teeth still in place.  I will have to admit, I was sad to see the front teeth go but it has been an even harder recovery process for Maddox than I anticipated.  
Taking a picture before church on Sunday!
Our Monday morning before the teeth extraction.... so happy and full of energy!  I tried to take a lot of pictures, knowing this will be last time I could document his smile with his baby teeth!
Zack took Maddox to the procedure on Monday morning.  Zack said he did great with the laughing gas, the three needles in his mouth to numb the area and even with the teeth pulling.  You can tell from the pictures of the teeth that they were still very much rooted in his mouth.  We were told by the dentist he would be back to normal by Tuesday (eating normally and energy level as usual).  That has not happened for us.  On Monday afternoon, Maddox refused to eat or drink anything.  Maddox was also very sad about his teeth being gone and kept asking when the new ones would come in.  Monday night he woke up throwing up and even covered me and our bed with vomit.  We were up most of the night, making the decision pretty easy to work from home on Tuesday.  Zack stayed for the morning to help with the kids while I had some online meetings scheduled.  He snapped the picture below of Maddox sleeping on the floor after our busy night.  Finally by Tuesday afternoon, Maddox started to eat ice cream and soup.  He still had a hard time swallowing and talking.  Tuesday night was pretty uneventful and I thought we were going to be back to normal by Wednesday.  On Wednesday, he started eating a little more (mainly soft foods).  He started to put his mouth closer together and is trying to figure out swallowing again.   I took both boys with me to school and quickly realized this was not going to work for the day.  Grammy to the rescue! She picked up Maddox around 9:30 and he spent the rest of the day relaxing with her.  I am hopeful that Maddox will be returning to school today.  Zander has been a champ, knocking out his school work and going to baseball practice in the evenings.  I am truly exhausted and equally hopeful that we are on the mend as a family!  It has been an eventful couple weeks between Maddox's ER visit and teeth extraction, starting baseball and still juggling the demands of work and school through remote learning.   Keep those prayers coming!

I had to document his first smile since having his teeth pulled....... I guess all Maddox really wants for Christmas is his two front teeth ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment