Monday, January 25, 2021

Quick Catch Up Post!

Things have been pretty busy since we started back to school after Christmas break.  Here is a quick catch up post of some of the things we have been up to!
I received our 2020 blog book in the mail.... I get our blog printed every year (since 2013) so that one day the boys will have a record of their childhood.  I feel that 2020 will be extremely valuable and memorable in the future as we made it through a pandemic!  Zander has started reading these books and it has made me thankful I've documented the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly adventures of the Houstons!
Zander didn't have school half of the first week he returned.  They started off in cohorts to ease the transition back to school.  Grammy was going out of town with her girlfriends and Grandpa took over watching him for that Friday.  I think they enjoyed watching tv together and Zander loved getting to eat Bojangles for lunch!  Fortunately, he is now going four days a week and spends Wednesdays with Grammy and Grandpa while I'm in all day meetings on the computer.
Zack and I watched the Kennedy kids last Sunday night and we had a blast spending time with our niece and nephew.  I successfully fed them dinner and kept everyone alive and happy when Linds and Boom returned!  I don't know how parents do it that typically have this number (or higher) of kids!  There was never a dull moment for sure!
We have no heat downstairs.... we are going on a week and two days now.  We initially thought the fan motor needed to be replaced but when the technician went to install the new fan motor, it was discovered we would need a whole new heating/cooling unit for downstairs.  Fortunately, we have heat upstairs since our house runs on two separate units.  We have tried to entertain upstairs more this past week.... including a bath with color bath drops!   They typically don't bathe together anymore but mommy was desperate to have a little entertainment while staying warm! haha
Zander finished the 2nd book in his series he is reading.  He is already into the 3rd book, and I love that he is working on his reading stamina through this novel series!
I signed Maddox up for Kindergarten this week!  I cannot believe that both our boys will be school age by August!  Time really does fly by and I am already getting excited about us having the same schedule and having both boys with me for a few years!  I am praying that the school year looks a little more "normal" than the last year has.  
Yesterday's weather stayed in the 40s and after we threw out the idea of going to Triad Park, I just didn't want to leave the house!  So after church, we fit in rest time and some football watching.  Zander created a new game using the laser tag guns and Nerf guns!  I will have to say the house I grew up in where my dad was outnumbered looks a lot different than the house where I am outnumbered! haha  We had fun and thanks to a space heater from Grammy and Grandpa and our gas logs, it isn't too bad downstairs when you give it time to heat up (something we don't have time for in the mornings and evenings during the work week)!  I am praying everything works out to get our new unit installed on Wednesday nonetheless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment