Saturday, April 29, 2023

First Trail Half Marathon!

Linds and I tied for 2nd place in our age group at our first ever trail half marathon!  We crossed the finish line hand in hand!  This is my last half marathon in my current age bracket!  I'll be turning 40 soon! ;)  We decided to try something different as I approach a new decade..... This is what I learned...

1.)  It's important to train on trails if you are going to run a trail race (Linds and I didn't run a single mile on a trail to prepare for this)!

2.)  Hills with roots, mud, bogs, and watersheds make you go slower and you come home looking like you ran a mud run!  This course also makes you pray the whole time that you don't break a bone!

3.)  I don't know if I'm a trail runner (even told Linds that before the halfway mark today... haha).... stay tuned!

4.)  I'm always grateful to have my sister by my side no matter what the activity is!

5.)  We always have the best fan club cheering us on at the finish line! ;)

Also, as a way to catch up on the last week in the Houston household.... here is what we have been up to!
Grannie and GranDan came to visit to celebrate our April birthday boys!  GranDan's birthday is the day before Zander's!
Zander presented his Hatchet project he has been working on.
With sports obligations most nights of the week, Maddox didn't want to get up for school a couple mornings! ;)
We found out Aunt Kelly is having a girl!  We can't wait to meet Emma!

We celebrated the boys' stellar report card grades with pizza out at a restaurant!

We are back on the baseball field cheering on our favorite #10!  He is doing great in the field and up to bat!  He is doing machine pitch again this spring! 
Grandpa took us to the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall that is in our town this week.  He got to show the boys where his second cousin's name is and explain a little about that time in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment