Saturday, June 24, 2023

Grandparents' Camp!

Mommy had to finish a couple weeks of work before I was officially on summer break with my boys! I am blessed to have approximately six weeks off with the boys each summer, and I don't take a single day for granted as I know it is a blessing to make all these memories with them.   The boys enjoyed time with their grandparents while I was busy finishing out the school year.  They spent the first three days with Grannie.  Then, they spent two days with Grammy and finished it out with time with Grandpa.  With swimming at the lake and pool, going to the movies, going to an adventure gym and completing projects here and there, I think they enjoyed their time with their grandparents! :)

I was at a leadership retreat with my colleagues for two days.  I enjoyed attending sessions with them and eating the delicious food that was provided.  Burke enjoyed being an "only child" for a few days as well.  He got more walks and cuddles while the boys were out of town.



We got to attend a minor league baseball game with our friends last weekend!  The kids each got a baseball, Zander caught a shirt, Maddox got a Bolt stuffed animal and allllll the snacks were consumed!
We celebrated Father's Day after church with some of our favorite dads! We are so thankful for their leadership in our family and for all the fun we have when they are around! ;)
I got to grab dinner out with friends last week as well! ;)
It has been so wet here all week which hasn't been an ideal way to start our summer break together! However, we made the most of it with a trip to the trampoline park with the Kennedys and a visit to the science center with Aunt Kelly and her nieces.  We finished out our Friday afternoon with a park date with the Williams family.  We are looking forward to some sunnier weather next week in the hopes of some pool days in our future!

I have officially hit the 4-0 milestone! I've been counting down to this birthday all year!  Excited about the future and equally proud of the 40 years that have gotten me to this point!  In the weeks leading up to this birthday, I found out I have an astigmatism which is making it hard to see at night when driving and also has slightly impacted my far-sighted vision.  No "readers" yet as my near-sighted vision is still 20-15 (better than perfect;)) but you might see this new accessory when I am cheering on the boys at the ball field or driving in the evening hours.... I guess this is 40!?;)  Linds and I went for an 8 mile run on my birthday morning and took a picture mid-run (around the seven mile mark) at the exact time I was born 40 years ago! Ignore the frizzy hair as it was quite humid but having a June birthday means I'm used to the heat! ;)  I also made it to the goal of running 1000 miles during the year leading up to my 40th birthday (to prove I could still do it).  I hit 1,050 miles on my birthday!  My legs are definitely feeling it and I think this is now the time to scale back my running and move to other forms of working out for my physical and mental well-being!  Stay tuned for what the next decade holds!


No comments:

Post a Comment