Friday, July 14, 2023

Summer Break 2023: Week Three

I cannot believe that we are halfway through our summer break together.  The boys will have a few more weeks with Grammy and Grandpa before they officially head back to school but as I am typing this post, the boys and I have hit the halfway point of our summer adventures.  It makes me so sad to be counting down to school already but I know we are having a blast making memories along the way.  This past week, I was able to spend 48 hours with two of my very best friends from college!  Since all of us turned 40 within a two month span, we wanted to do something fun to celebrate together.  We have had many adventures over the years through dorm life, apartment living, figuring out life on our own, getting married, traveling to NYC twice while Jenn was living there, having kids and even moving far away from each other.  Jenn currently lives in Madagascar and Sam lives in South Georgia.  All of these reasons make it incredibly special that we could find time to spend together for a couple days.  I treasured each conversation we had and the ability to be completely myself with their company.  I guess that is what happens when you share a dorm room for two years or live across the hall from each other for that amount of time.  We picked up right where we left off and are already thinking this might need to be an annual tradition when Jenn comes to visit in the states.  The girls spent the night at my house and we enjoyed a day at the spa.  We talked for hours into the evening and enjoyed dinner at a local Japanese restaurant just like we would do for our birthdays every year!  I am so thankful for their friendship and to celebrate this birthday milestone together! 


The boys and I enjoyed a laid back week at home!  We went to the track to play baseball one morning before it got too hot and Zander carved designs into the track.  Can you see their initials?  We also spent three afternoons at the pool and went to the local bowling alley on the other two afternoons.  I LOVED not having any specific plans this week with time schedules that sometimes stress me out. We moved through each day at our own pace with schoolwork in the morning (yes, I make them do a little bit of work each day when we are home to stay fresh), a fun activity in the afternoon and then some technology time to finish out the evening.  It has been the best week at home!



No comments:

Post a Comment