Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Fun with Friends

Over the last couple weeks, I have had three opportunities to spend time with friends!  It is rare to have uninterrupted time with the ladies in these pictures as we are all busy working, caring for family members and surviving the busy-ness of life right now.... but I enjoyed every moment with them!  Two weekends ago, a group of us went up to the Banner Elk area for a night away in a cabin.  We ate delicious food, made cookies and played games.  I even got to see the neighborhood where my great-grandparents used to live..... I have many fond memories from this mountain town!  The following weekend I got to see Lysa TerKeurst.  Her bible study was incredible and the worship music was just what my heart needed during this really hard season of life.  Finally, I was able to grab dinner with my old office crew which has turned into a sisterhood over the years.  We get together monthly for dinner and their friendship and our conversations are always needed at just the right moment!  Thank you God for the blessing of these friendships!

Zander and Maddox are also blessed to have some amazing friends.  They enjoy playing with the other "staff kids" before and after school (there are approximately 50 of them in all).  Also, I watched as Zander went around to visit all of his church friends at our annual Thanksgiving luncheon.  He is making friendships I pray will last his lifetime.  I'm so thankful for the friends the boys have at school and at church!
Around home, we have set up for Christmas, enjoyed some downtime between sports seasons, helped with chores around the house and bonded over painting rocks and running at the track!  I love the time I get to spend with these boys!
I got to help with a school-wide event on Tuesday.  I loved seeing my three favorite students as they moved through my rotation! It is such a blessing we get to be at the same school every day and see each other in the hallways!  I am having a hard time knowing that Z won't be with me next year... prayers appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment