Saturday, August 15, 2026

First Day of School 2026


Here are the annual first day of school pictures. This is year #22 for me, 8th grade for Z and 5th grade for M. Since this is Maddox’s last year of elementary school, I had to document his first day of elementary school just five short years ago. I wanted to also document the first day of school when Zander started kindergarten (he had a stagger start so Zander’s first day was actually the second day of school) to the first day of school when Maddox started fifth grade, representing 9 years of my career where my boys joined me under the same roof for their education. This is such an incredible blessing to have been given this opportunity. Also included in this post, I helped drop off Z for his first day of 8th grade (hence the car photo) and the cousin crew is back together for one last year before Maddox heads to middle school. I love getting to see all three of them around school! We knocked out Maddox’s “fifth day of fifth grade” (with a picture to prove it). We celebrated Beau’s “gotcha day”. He has officially been a Houston for two years now. Finally, last weekend we had one final summer adventure at the Wyndham golf tournament with the original Bakewells and the four kids. It was a very hot day but a lot of fun to be together before the craziness of the school/sports schedule is in full effect. 





No comments:

Post a Comment