Thursday, December 13, 2012

Growing.....Growing....Growing

So.... I haven't posted in the last couple weeks, but things have definitely been happening at the Houstons.  First, I was able to surprise my staff at school with a gender cake that my coworker made for them so that everyone could share in the excitement of our little boy!  Here is a picture (forgot to take a picture before I started cutting...oops!).  I tried to cut the pieces in half so everyone was able to taste the yummy cake!

We attended Zack's work Christmas party last weekend, and it became apparent pretty quickly that Zack had only told the employees at his store about our new addition.  You should have seen the looks I got from some of his co-workers as they realized that there was definitely a "bun in the oven".  Personally, I was excited that they could tell immediately rather than think I had just been eating too many desserts over the holidays! 

Zack has been working hard to get the nursery painted, and I am pleased to announce that it is FINISHED!  Now we need to get the furniture, etc. to fill up the space but I love the color!  He is so meticulous about every detail when he paints so you can imagine that the finished product looks amazing!  The week 22 picture I am including shows the color of the nursery (we took this picture in the same room as week 19..... definitely a change of color!)


And a picture from the front.....

We have our yearly PTA holiday concert tonight.  My staff loves when I wear my red boots..... so I am sporting them today for the occasion.  If you watch "How I Met Your Mother" (Zack and I love this show!), you will see that I borrowed Ted Mosby's boots that he is so proud of, and as he would say I am definitely "pulling....them..... off!" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment