Saturday, December 1, 2012

Its a...... BOY!!!!! :)

We are having a boy!!!  Bring on football, baseball, camping, and probably ER visits!!! ;)  Growing up, I had always wanted an older brother so I think it is pretty cool that our first child is a boy!  We had a wonderful time celebrating with family and friends as we cut the cake to reveal we are having a boy!  Zack and I had the ultrasound appointment on Monday and were able to keep this a secret until Friday night! 
 

 






 
We were also able to celebrate Kerith's 30th birthday during the festivities.  I think we counted a little over 20 people that came to hang out for the evening at the Houstons.  We had yummy dessert and played games.  I believe Ultimate Uno is still my favorite game!! We had 12 people playing at one time.

We are at 20 weeks now in the pregnancy.... which is halfway there!  The baby is weighing at 11 ounces, and it was so special to see the four chambers of the heart, the arms, the legs, and brain to make sure everything is looking healthy at this point.  Our little cantaloupe (that is the fruit of the week) is doing great, and we willl continue to call him "Thunderbolt" (Zack's selection) until the baby is born.  Magically, in the last two days, I have started to really get a belly (as you can tell from the pictures above).  I have a feeling I still have a ways to "grow".  Stay tuned for more pictures!

I have been very productive this week.  I have scheduled two daycare visits for next week and went to register for baby stuff with one of my closest friends.  Since she already has a little one, she was able to quickly suggest the items we needed and things we didn't.  Boomer and Lindsey participated in the half marathon this morning that Linds and I have done in the past couple years.  Mom, Zack, and I ran the 5K today at the same time.  It was a ton of fun, and it felt great to still be able to run at 5 months pregnant! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! LOVE the beehive cake! I will update the baby pool!
    xoxo,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete