Thursday, April 18, 2013

Due Date.... TOMORROW! :)

So..... I can remember exactly how it felt on August 13, 2012 (a Monday and my first day back to work for the school year) when I looked at the home pregnancy test I took that confirmed I was in fact pregnant.  I showed the test to Zack, and immediately I was like "should I call the doctor?  What should I do?!"  Zack (being the calm, rational one in our relationship) told me to wait until the end of the week and take a second test.  If that test was also positive, I would call the doctor.  Well, as many of you know..... that second test did come back positive and we scheduled our first doctor's appointment, anxiously and excitingly awaiting the arrival of our first child.  At the appointment, we were told the due date of our son would be April 19, 2013.  Being someone with a day planner, I immediately put "Due Date" with a smiley face on that date in my calendar.  We have used this date many times when people ask "when are you due?"  It is hard to believe that that date is TOMORROW!!  It is more difficult it believe that our son has not decided to make his arrival by this date.  We are ready to meet him, and part of me just still can't grasp the fact that I have a baby growing inside of me (I know I should be able to understand this considering my expanding size and his daily movements in my belly).  It doesn't look like Baby Houston will be one of the 5% of babies that actually decide to arrive on their anticipated date.  And as much as I would love to have him in my arms, even though I hear they cry a lot and demand a ton of your attention, I know I have to be patient at this time.  Patient is something I have never been! So.... Baby Houston needs to come soon!! :)  We continue to pray for a healthy labor, delivery, baby, mommy, and daddy.  We know that Baby Houston will arrive on his birthdate just as God has planned.  So for now, we will be taking an Infant CPR class tonight, spending time with close friends tomorrow evening, seeing one of my bestest friends on Saturday (even though I think she was hoping to see a baby since she lives in Kansas and we don't get to see each other as often as we would like!), and continuing to focus on one day at a time.  One day will be THE day when we get to hold our son and hear him cry for the first time as he catches his first breath.  Until then, a few pictures for now....
August 13, 2012 - It's POSITIVE!! :)
 April 18, 2013- 39 weeks and 6 days




3 comments:

  1. Megan, I just completed reading your entire blog!!!! it is a tremendous journal of your pregnancy. As tomorrow arrives, know that my prayers are with you, Zack and Baby Houston!! May he decideto grace us with his prescence, soon and very soon.
    maretta hamrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Lindsey may be almost as anxious for that baby to arrive as you guys are! I hope he will be hear soon and pray you will have a wonderful delivery experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you, Zach, and the rest of the family! I've seen the pics Lindsey has posted and Zander is so handsome! I can't wait to meet him and see you again! I miss you and love you tons!!! <3

    ReplyDelete