Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Zander's First Snow Day

On Tuesday morning, I arrived at work to hear rumblings that we might get out of school early due to inclement weather heading our direction.  We have been waiting for snow all winter so I didn't want to get my hopes up just yet!  But, at about 9:00 a.m., we heard the call that school would be dismissing two hours early.  It is any educator's dream come true to hear that the day will count but we are getting out early!  I hurried to get everything together so I could leave after the students and pick up my snow buddy.  Zander and I spent the afternoon watching the snow fall outside our house.  I definitely was more excited than him..... but he loved watching the white stuff fall from the sky and having a little extra time with mommy and Burke.  We stayed inside all afternoon (other than the two pictures I took of him on our front porch!).  As you can see.... we got our pajamas on immediately when we got home! ;)
 


Today, school was closed so Zander was able to participate in his first snow day!  I could not get him to smile for a single picture!  I don't think he knows how excited he will get when he is older and his parents will come into his room to let him know there is no school..... I remember hearing my parents come in to turn off my alarm clock...signaling that I would be able to sleep in and play outside in the snow when I woke up for the day!  Zander thought that 6:00 a.m. was sleeping in today (which is better than 5:00 which is the usual time my alarm clock goes off).  I can't wait to see his face light up when we play in the snow in the years to come!  Here are some pictures of our snow day....




I told Burke to get in the picture below.... I don't think he understood that I meant for him to share the picture with his brother! ;)





 Zander had fun sitting on the sled!  At one point, he somewhat toppled over (due to the weight of his snowsuit) and had a face full of snow..... the two pictures below show him getting ready to topple and the aftermath of his fall.  He didn't cry at all... mommy scooped him up pretty quickly. ;)  Thank goodness snow makes for a soft landing!



This year, he doesn't have snow boots... but next year when he is walking everywhere.... he will definitely need to add a pair to his attire!  We have stayed in our pajamas all day!  We are having fun playing with our toys when we are not outside!
In unrelated news.... today marks 9 years since Zack and I had our first date!  Ironically, it was snowing that day too!  Since Zack was coming from Charlotte we changed our date from dinner and a movie to lunch and a movie!  I truly enjoyed January 29, 2005 (despite Zack's movie choice.... still have the ticket stub to "Life Aquatic") and each day from that moment has gotten better as we have created a life that is so much fun being a part of!

No comments:

Post a Comment