Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Eating and Standing

A summary of our last couple weeks.... basically we have a baby that is eating real foods and pulling up from a seated position to stand on his own.  Zander still hasn't made it past the army crawl stage but he is advancing in other areas.  You will set him down on the floor, and one minute he will go from sitting to standing.  The next minute he will be back on his bottom.  After that, he will go to his belly and then change to a seated position again.  I told Zack that it is time to move his crib down so that he can't pull himself right out of his bed during the night!  Also, Zander is eating "people" food.  We have been introducing him to cheerios, veggies, fruits, and even some meat (like chicken and beef).  Basically, I will try to think about what I am cooking for dinner (which is not often enough!) or what I am ordering when I am out to eat so I know Zander can eat some of the food we are eating.  We went to KFC on Friday night for dinner.  I ordered mashed potatoes and mac-n-cheese for my sides, and he enjoyed both! We are trying to become more confident in Zander's eating abilities which makes it easier to have him participate in meal time.  I am including pictures of him eating food at the daycare.  He does a great job sitting at a table with his friends.  Zander's teacher sent me these pictures.  Zander is also learning how to use a sippy cup.  He can hold it quite well on his own and even gets some liquid out!  Also, you can see how Zander has been pulling up on his toys in some of the pictures as well. We wrapped up our swimming lessons at the beginning of February.  Zander is a natural in the water.... he is kicking, splashing, blowing bubbles, and going under without taking in any water.  Zack (a.k.a. daddy) is trying to hold us both up in the picture I included......you can tell we are ready for summer! ;)  









No comments:

Post a Comment