Sunday, February 16, 2014

More Snow Days!

We had a few more days to enjoy the snow as a family this past week.  We received 7-10 inches on Wednesday and Thursday (you can see a picture of a ruler I used to document the snow accumulation..... I didn't wait until it stopped snowing so that picture was taken somewhere in the middle of the precipitation).  This snow was a lot better than the snow we received a few weeks ago!  Zack actually got to stay home one day and that truly made it feel like we were "snowed in".  We were able to take walks as a family and test out the sled in our backyard.  Zack still had to pull Zander and me on the sled to give us some momentum.  I was too nervous to take 'lil Z on the sled down the road where the snow was packed better for sledding... maybe next year!  Zander was able touch, taste, sit and stand on the snow.... all which made for a memorable first winter!  Now.... we are ready for spring! (I think I might have mentioned this in a couple other blog posts!) ;)
 






 
 
In these pictures of Burke, you can see how deep the snow was on our back porch.... and still coming down!  There was a layer of sleet that came through Wednesday night.... so it made it difficult to actually find the ground underneath when walking. ;)


 
Zack surprised me with a dozen of my favorite roses on Valentine's Day!  He somehow picked them up on Wednesday before the snow started and handed them to me before heading out the door to work on Friday morning.  (He didn't go to work on Thursday since it took him two hours to get home Wednesday with the snowy conditions!)  He received major bonus points for this surprise! 
Grammy and Grandpa stopped by for a few minutes on their way to visit some friends in Virginia for the weekend.  I thought they color-coordinated themselves nicely for this picture!
And finally..... our boy had his crib moved down this weekend.  Basically, I put him down for a nap on Saturday and he decided he would rather sit up and then stand up instead of taking his afternoon nap.  I watched this happen on his video monitor because I could hear happy baby sounds coming from his room rather than sleeping sounds!  When I came into the room, he was holding onto the crib and bouncing up and down!  So where the top of the crib once came to his waist.... it now safely reaches the top of his head.  Here are some pictures of us testing out the height. ;)  Zander is also sleeping with a blanket now (our pediatrician said at the nine month check up that he would be okay to do this... even though I check the monitor quite frequently during the night to make sure it isn't over his head).  He looks like such a big boy now in the crib that once seemed so huge with him in it!





1 comment: