Saturday, July 12, 2014

Summer Break: Week 2

Well.... this small town girl decided to take a trip to the BIG city to have a girls' getaway with two of my best friends! My friend, Jenn, lives in NYC so we decided to have a little time away from the hubbies and kids and hang out in her town.  Jenn is recently engaged so we just had to celebrate all the monumental life events that have happened since we were last together!  I have never flown by myself..... so I was nervous and excited about this adventure.  I decided to take the picture below to remember the taxi ride from the airport to Jenn's apartment.  I knew once I saw Sam and Jenn I wouldn't have to worry about navigating the city alone.  It was so wonderful getting to catch up.
 We took a walk through Central Park.

 We visited the Guggenheim Museum.

 We ate delicious food each meal!  (It was crazy not worrying about a kid's menu or scarfing down my food in anticipation of Zander being ready to leave the table.)
 We went back to the Brooklyn Bridge.  (We visited this bridge with our hubbies the last time we came to NYC, and this was one of my favorite spots!)

 We saw the Freedom Tower (which is still being built).

We ran into Jane Velez-Mitchell from CNN and HLN on the subway... she was on her way to meet her book editor!
 We visited the 9-11 Memorial.


 We went to Times Square to do some shopping
 ... and looked around Rockefeller Center.
 We even got shakes at the Shake Shack and yes, Sam..... it was worth the walk! ;)
 We even treated ourselves to $10 manicures near Jenn's apartment.
 It was a busy and eventful trip and we packed a lot into the 48 hours I was in NYC!  I snapped the picture below as I took the cab ride back to the airport.
 Grammy and Grandpa Buzz did a great job watching Zander while I was gone.  Zander even got to spend some quality time with my grandparents from Florida!!

 
 
We had some friends over Friday night after the family headed back home.  Josh impressed us with his "bartending" skills as he made some delicious homemade pina coladas and margaritas!
This morning, Zack and I went to a free event at the children's museum in honor of Krispy Kreme's birthday!!  They handed out free doughnuts and coffee and allowed the kids to have a blast in the museum and at the booths that were set up outside!  The last picture makes me laugh because you can definitely tell that Zander was ready to go after all the fun he had!

 
 

 He loves teddy bears!! He can find one almost anywhere we go!





No comments:

Post a Comment