Thursday, January 29, 2015

10 Years

Ten years ago I went on a first date with an amazing guy!  He drove all the way from Charlotte in the snow to keep his promise to take me to see "The Phantom of the Opera" movie.  Little did we know that the two theaters we stopped at weren't playing the movie due to the inclement weather.  We finally found a theater that was playing movies, and I let him pick.  He picked "Life Aquatic".  I didn't realize he was a HUGE Bill Murray fan.  I also didn't realize that I WASN'T a Bill Murray fan.  Thus began a decade of not being able to agree on television shows, movies or music.  Somehow we have made it work despite this "small" difference in tastes.  I couldn't imagine sharing this life with anyone else.  He told me he loved me for the first time in August 2005 (and of course I waited for him to say it first!)..... but I knew well before that he was someone that would be around for the rest of my life.  I am including pictures from some of our "firsts" and I look forward to sharing many more "firsts" and all that life has to offer in between.  I thank God daily for blessing me with the man he chose to be my husband. 

Our First Date (January 2005)..... we knew each other from high school so even though we didn't start dating until college, our friendship started many years earlier.
 Zack's first beach trip with the Bakewells
 Going to church together
Zack's first country concert.... and probably his last!  As I mentioned above.... we don't share the same music interests.
The pumpkin carving tradition.....this actually started in 2005 but the picture is from 2006 so it is our second pumpkin... not our first.
Catching/being handed the garter at one of his best friend's weddings... it was a hint.... and it didn't take much longer for him to pop the question!
He picked a beautiful day in November 2007 to go for a hike to the top of Table Rock Mountain..... he had two dozen roses waiting for me.  There were pictures of us and scriptures about marriage with the ring box in the center.  His best friend, Matt, helped set everything up while we were hiking to the top and he made sure no one ran off with the ring! ;)

 My master's degree graduation... we were around for each other's college graduations as well.
Celebrated many birthdays together.... the first few years.... I really liked "Red Lobster".... can you see the seafood over my shoulder?
Our Wedding.... August 2008
 
Our First Trip.... just the two of us.... a cruise to Alaska! 
Our First House... this picture was taken about five years after we bought it.... I couldn't find another picture that didn't have snow.
Our First Pet.... Burke!
My second marathon.... The first one was cancelled due to snow even though my sister and I ran the distance anyway.
Announcing we were going to be parents!
Waiting to meet our little boy!
Our first child, Zander!

No comments:

Post a Comment