Saturday, January 10, 2015

I would like to hibernate.....

at least until the temperature gets above freezing and I don't have to put on multiple layers just to go to and from work!  Every night this week I have wanted to rush home, put on my sweats and simply cuddle with Zack, Zander and Burke.  It has been in my mind that we could just live off the food in our pantry and see how many days we could last without leaving the house.  Of course, reality calls.... I have to go to work each day and we have to get off the couch, but for a few minutes in the evening.... it just feels perfect!  Before those moments.... there is rushing to get dinner prepared and after those moments there is bath time and bedtime.  Its just that in those moments of relaxing I feel so completing calm and at peace (and warm!).  I forget about my to-do lists and other responsibilities and just want to focus on two of my jobs I feel are most important... wife and mom. Why are these moments so short while the time I spend at work is so long?  I have been struggling this week with balancing the various responsibilities I have.  I know my job helps provide for our family but I feel that because of my job I am not able to be with my family as much.  If you are reading this blog post.... say a little prayer for me.  Pray that I leave work a little earlier each day next week and find a little more time to cuddle with the boys in my life.  Here are a few pictures from our week.....

Zander will not eat an apple that is cut up and/or peeled! He prefers to be a "big boy" and eat it off the core..... he, of course, makes his mama nervous that he is going to choke!...Fortunately, he has been doing really well with eating apples so far.
He has learned how to take overalls off his shoulders (by the snaps).... he thinks it is fun to walk around the house with his pants around his ankles (since he still had his shoes on at this point)! Fortunately he has not figured out how to unbutton his pants yet. 
We had a little static electricity due to the weather.....I am also asking him to show me where his teeth are in this picture.
Linds and I went for our first run together since our last half marathon.  With the holidays, we weren't able to meet up the last few weeks.  Of course we picked the coldest Saturday so far to go for a seven mile run.  You can see a "before" and "after" shot as well as proof that the temperature was below freezing! 
 
 
 
One other thing that I want to "document" (since I use this blog to help me remember what we do from week to week) is that Zander has been doing the cutest thing this week.  On our way to work (almost every day this week), he would say "mommy" pretty loud.  I would respond "Zander".  He would repeat "mommy" and we would go back and forth almost the entire trip to "school".  Now... Zander doesn't have many words at this point but it feels like we are having a conversation as we go back and forth!  He continues to surprise me with this actions and what he learns on a daily basis.  He can point to most body parts when asked about each one.  He remembers objects in books when I ask him to point to them (even if we haven't read that book for days).  He is growing so fast.... I hope to soak up some more time with him this upcoming week....as for now.... I am heading back to the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment