Monday, May 18, 2015

Best Friends

Our little boy was sick all last week! It was difficult to figure out childcare because I have a very busy week at work and so did Zack.  My dad came to watch Zander for a day and a half, and I took a couple half days with him.  Zack rounded out the week with Zander on Friday.  I was so thankful that dad could come for a couple days and I am counting down the days until mom retires.  It will be so wonderful to have them closer and to be able to call on them rather quickly when we find out that one or both of the kids are sick! Pray they are able to sell their house so they can make the move to our town! I took this picture of Zander one morning before "school".  I got a phone call that afternoon that he had a 100.8 fever so it was definitely hard to anticipate that he was sick, and that he stayed sick as long as he did.
 I had to take a picture of the azaleas out front.  They always bloom around Mother's Day and with Zander being sick for a week or so, there wasn't a good family photo opportunity.  They are so beautiful but their blooms don't last long!
Once Zander started to feel better, we made the trip west so we could celebrate with one of his best buds who was turning two!  Due to him being under the weather, mom and dad watched Zander while I went to the party by myself (Zack was prepping for a work party at our house that afternoon).  He was able to enjoy a little outside time for the first time in a week!  Needless to say, he was a happy boy even if it was a short time outside!  (I still can't figure out if he had allergies that turned into a cold or what happened!)

At the birthday party, Liz and Scott announced that Jacob is going to be a BIG BROTHER!! I am so excited!! We are due FOUR days apart!! It is impossible to plan things like this but I think it is rather incredible that as best friends we got married the same year (married guys that have known each other since elementary school), had our first child three weeks apart (both boys!) and now are due with our second child the same week!!  We will have to wait to see genders of baby #2 but I am predicting that Liz is having a girl and we are having a boy..... stay tuned!


 15 weeks!
Pregnant with Zander and Jacob!

No comments:

Post a Comment