Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Today marks the third year I have been able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mom.  It is always so special to think of the job God called me to do when he placed Zander in my arms on April 21, 2013.  This year marks a new chapter in the Houston household..... we are adding another baby into our family and another child for me to be called his or her mother!  I am 14 weeks pregnant today.... we have come so far from the Mother's Day two years ago where I held my three week old son and we were able to dedicate him to the Lord at our church's baby dedication.  This year, Zander has been under the weather (we think allergies) so I made breakfast for my family of three and made sure Zander got extra snuggles this morning and headed off to church while Zack and Zander stayed at home.  When I got home, I was "greeted" by an unhappy two year old and I had to assume the mom role of nurturer and comforter.  We spent a couple hours cuddling (Zander was crying through most of it).  Right now, he is helping daddy with outside projects while I took a nap (pregnancy with a two year old will wear you out!) and worked on this ole blog.  He's still cute even when he is fussy!  Well I am off to spend some more time with my boys this afternoon.... here are some pictures from the week.
Mother's Day 2015....




 Mother's Day 2013.....Zander's Baby Dedication

Mother's Day 2014..... we had a lovely day at church and then walked the seven mile loop of Salem Lake.  Zander did great in the stroller and Burke loved being outside!

Pictures from the week.....
Learning how to drive in our neighborhood with Burke doing a little backseat driving!

 Zander enjoying the petting zoo at my school's spring fling!
 Zander testing out the Pre-K toys at my school.....

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHH!!!!! I'm squealing here in Bahrain! Congrats! I hope you are feeling well. Zander will be a great big brother. Going from one to two is no joke! Your family must be over the moon. Yeah! I'll look forward to keeping up with your progress. Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete