Sunday, August 6, 2017

Summer Break: Week 6

This post is always hard because it concludes my weekly pictures of how we spent our summer vacation.  I head back to work this week and while I love my job, co-workers, students, etc.,  I really struggle with finding a balance with feeling like I have enough time with my boys during the work week.  Please pray for us as we adjust back to the school schedule and new routines.  I know that every school year is busy at the beginning and things start to calm down as we approach fall but after spending every minute of every day with these two boys.... it's hard to only have moments together in the morning and the evening.  I am sure my next post will include Zander's first day of Pre-K!  I can't believe he will be starting kindergarten this time next year.  We are moving both boys to our church's preschool (Maddox will start in a few weeks at the beginning of September in a two year old class) so while I am so excited about this new opportunity and all the boys will learn about God and their ABCs, etc.(I have heard so many great things about our church's preschool program!)..... I know this will be an adjustment for them.... especially Zander.  Zander was at his previous "school" since he was 3 months old so the teachers and students will be missed for sure!  Please pray for all of us as big changes are happening in the next couple weeks!  And now pictures of how we spent our last full week of summer break!
1.) Great Grandpa Bobby celebrated his 88th birthday!! We got to celebrate all together as a family. 


2.)  I picked up Burke after our beach trip and he helped me get gas in Daddy's truck.  Also, we took Burke to the vet last week due to a questionable knot on his right hind quarters.  We found out from the doctor that it is a tumor that will need to be surgically removed to help ensure it doesn't spread to other parts of his body.  We have the surgery scheduled for Tuesday (the vet said the sooner the better!) and are hopeful that they will be able to remove the entire tumor without any negative side effects.  He will be put under anesthesia and have to wear the "cone of shame" to ensure he doesn't mess with his stitches.  Please pray for our pup as he is our "first-born" and it will be difficult to see him in pain/discomfort.

3.) Zack and I celebrated 9 years of marriage this past week and were even able to go out to dinner on our anniversary thanks to Grammy!

4.)  Zander has started to have days where he doesn't nap during the summer.  So we try to entertain each other with "games" (which might also be educational) or cuddle up on the couch and watch one of his favorite shows.  Fortunately, he still naps most days which helps mommy knock out her daily to-do list.... sometimes including fitting in a shower! ;)

5.)  Mom and I took the three kids to the science center one last time before I head back to work.  It was the smoothest visit so far.... it seems like at the end of the summer, we finally figured out how to navigate the science center with three little ones! ;)



6.)  We fit in a couple more pool days at the local YMCA.  The boys are starting to really love the water and we have the best time playing together in the water!
7.)  Maddox has started to "perfect" the fish face!  We have a book that has fish in it.... and I always make the fish face.  These pictures don't clearly show how good he is at making this face but I had to document it so I can remember how cute this is as he gets older!  Lately, I have affectionately called Maddox my "wrecking ball".  He seems to be getting into anything and everything!  I can't sit still for a moment and I have had to say "no" more to him this past month than ever.  He has also had to go to timeout frequently as well (for hitting/biting his brother).  Some of the things he is doing I don't remember ever dealing with when Zander was this age but fortunately for this 'ole blog right here, I was able to look back and confirm the constant "no" and getting into everything was completely a stage Zander went through ironically right before I got pregnant with Maddox!  So until this stage passes, I am going to enjoy the moments he will cuddle with me before bed and "read" his books.  The moments where it is just him and me and we can do silly "fishy faces" without having to use the word "no" once!

8.)  Finally, Zack and I were able to meet our nephew, Henry!! Henry was born at the end of June but since it is a five hour drive and we had a couple trips already scheduled in July, this was the first opportunity we could head south!  It is also Aunt A's birthday weekend so we were able to celebrate with her as well.  Henry is just the cutest little cuddle bug and I was able to love on him a lot!




1 comment:

  1. THANK U 4 THE UPDATE. HOPEFULLY WE WILL C ALL OF Usss IN OCTOBER

    ReplyDelete