Sunday, December 3, 2017

Our Week in Review

This is going to be a random post.... just trying to document a few things that happened this week so I won't forget... I use this blog as a way to remember the days, weeks, months and years of our lives so I didn't want to miss a few things that happened this week!
1.)  Zander loves writing his name!  He wrote it here in his "quiet-time" book we read in the mornings before school.  I remember my sister went through a phase like this and as a result I still have a few things (like my bible) that have her young handwritten name in it!  He wanted me to add Houston.... I guess we need to start practicing that one!  As a side note, he had "smiley face" days ALL week... we have been working toward daily incentives (like playing football in the backyard, riding bikes in the driveway, watching a "movie" before bed, and having chocolate milk with dinner)..... Zander gets to pick the incentive in the morning and he works toward the reward throughout the day.  I hope this trend continues... I also got off work a little earlier last week than usual.... I think more time with family is helping as well!
 2.)  I am sending out our Christmas cards this week.  I feel horrible that I forgot to put a picture of our four-legged son on the card!  I included his name as one of our family members but his picture will not be there..... I noticed on my phone I haven't taken many pictures of our pup so one night this week we were cuddling on the couch and I had to take a picture to prove that he is loved even if I don't have pictures posted of him! ;) 
 3.)  Friday night I had a ladies' night with some of my co-workers.  We had the best time painting and eating dinner together!  I absolutely love what I "created" and can't wait to put them up in our house.  I am waiting on Zack to help me with this project!! Being in the "business"... he just has an eye for where things should go and what colors compliment each other..... so stay tuned!
 4.)  I ran my third half-marathon of the year on Saturday.  Prior to 2017, I have tried to run a yearly half-marathon with my sister.  The two years I had my boys, I didn't run one of these longer races.... so I guess I am trying to catch up to my sister.... who still has a few extra 13.1 milers under her belt!  I wasn't planning on running this race.... as in I hadn't run any long runs since the middle of October.  Zack was supposed to run the race and hurt his IT band about a week ago.... so while he has been going to physical therapy a couple days this past week, I decided I didn't want the money to go to waste......why not just run 13.1 miles?  I don't know what my official time is.... and when it does post, it will be under Zack's name..... but I am still in shock that I broke the 2 hour mark for the third time this year (something I had not accomplished prior to 2017)!  I had an overall pace of 9:00 min/mile and finished somewhere in the 1:59 range!  I felt great while running.... probably something about having "fresh" legs since I hadn't really run in a couple months but I was in a lot of pain by last night.  For future reference.... I think I will stick to one half-marathon a year with my sister and definitely put in the training leading up to the race!  Its always more fun training and running with Linds anyways so I will stick with what works and fortunately I was able to walk again by this morning! ;)
 5.)  Zack and I had his work Christmas party last night... we had to dress from the decades... we chose the 80's!  Who wore it better?!;)

 6.)  Our local Christmas parade was this afternoon..... we had the best weather (in the mid 60's), the best seats (we got a TON of candy thrown our way), and the best company!! Even though my family lives in the same town, we rarely are at the same place at the same time! It was so fun to spend time with them and soak up some Christmas cheer!


1 comment: