Saturday, December 16, 2017

Santa Sightings

We have had a really fun week celebrating all things Christmas!  I have put the boys in whatever Christmas attire they have that fits and we have embraced all the festivities..... First, I wanted to include a few pictures of my youngest.  The first picture is on our way into church last Sunday.  I also included pictures of some of his work from school, falling asleep on the way home from church (he was smiling in his sleep!) and cuddle time with mommy!  He is getting so big!



Zack surprised us by decorating one of trees out front while we were out one night.  Grannie gave Zack this tree when Zander was born.  It is crazy how it has grown in the last 4.5 years!
We stopped for an ice cream treat one day after school.... who doesn't love ice cream when there is still snow on the ground and temperatures are quite frigid!?

I bought Christmas leggings!  Our office staff wanted to be festive one day last week..... I have only owned one pair of leggings (in black) so this was really "stepping outside the box" for me!
We were able to see Santa at my grandparents' Christmas party.  Zander ran right up and gave him a hug.  Maddox was hesitant at first but warmed up to the big guy later!







 I was able to eat breakfast at the boys' school on Friday morning and see both boys perform in their Christmas program.  I took way too many videos but I wanted to include a few pictures here.... Maddox is on the far right when looking at the first group picture and you can see that Zander was excited to be near the microphone.  Both boys are the youngest in their classes so I can't get over the height difference sometimes.  I have to remember that some of these kids were born before I even found out I was pregnant with either boy.  It was so incredibly fun to be "mommy" for the morning and spend time being my boys' biggest cheerleader in the audience! :)



Zack and I were able to fit in a quick dinner date thanks to Grammy!! Zack and I have been really trying to find time for the two of us.... which is a struggle with two small kids, two full time jobs and many other family and friend responsibilities.  We have had a lot going on lately.  Of course, I use this blog to highlight mainly the fun, picturesque moments of our week but I have to be honest.... things have been tough.  Zack says we need to keep making lemonade out of lemons and that is exactly what we will do!  Just as a quick update/prayer request list, here are a few things that have occupied our focus.  Zack's dad is currently in the hospital and we are praying he will be home for Christmas. Zack has even mentioned the hashtag "HoustonsHomefortheHolidays" quite a few times.  We are very worried about him and are praying that the doctors can figure out what is going on soon.  My grandpa has been struggling with his memory lately which is impacting our whole family especially my grandma.  We are looking to put him in a more assisted living environment by the first of the year.  My dad will be having knee replacement surgery the day after Christmas.  Zack, Maddox and myself have all been sick with something at different times within the last couple weeks.  Zack and I mostly dealt with some head cold stuff that just wouldn't go away and Maddox threw up a couple times....there are definitely a few more things on the radar but I will stop there for now. ;)  Please pray for these family members that are sick at this time or having upcoming surgeries.  We are truly blessed in so many areas of our lives.  It is just so hard to see people we care about hurting. 
On a lighter note..... the boys really wanted a sled like the one below...... now they are ready for more snow!  Zander tried to pull Maddox around on the grass which was quite humorous!
 And finally, we saw Santa one more time at my parents' neighbor's Toys for Tots event.  Basically, we brought some toys and they had a "legit" Santa with a beautiful background and free pictures taken (and emailed) by a photographer.  It was a ton of fun and we hope this is an annual event! ;)  We met this Santa before my grandparents' Christmas party so you can see Maddox was definitely not a fan unless someone he knew was close by!



 The photographer even took pictures outside for us just in case we wanted a few without Santa!

 And I have to include my favorite picture from the whole session!  I absolutely love sweet Emmy's face in the picture below!  How can you look at this picture and not smile?!

1 comment: