Monday, January 15, 2018

Come on 2018!

So far 2018 has had a little bit of a rough start!  We finished getting over hand, foot and mouth (for Maddox) and then started to juggle the busy schedule again.  Finding little time for family, I kept clinging to the moments we had together.  So this past weekend, Maddox wouldn't take a nap (he had a cough and was extra fussy).  I thought.... I haven't spent much time with him, I will just cuddle him during the typical nap time.  Then, Zander joined us.  I was thinking this was a picture perfect moment (see pictures below!)..... I was feeling so good about the time spent with my little family.  I even had a date night fit in (thanks to Grammy) but by Sunday afternoon, I figured out why Maddox wasn't napping... he had gotten the flu from preschool.  There are a few cases at the school and I now know we have added two more (Maddox and his friend, Mollie, at school.... both went to the doctor today and both tested positive!)  As I type this, I have a 100.6 fever and the chills.  I have started taking Tamiflu just like both boys started today.  The medicine makes you feel nauseous so I feel so bad for the boys having to take this medicine as well.  (Maddox has already thrown up once!)  I also put Maddox back in diapers today since he couldn't move from the couch!  He hadn't had any pee accidents in a couple weeks and had just successfully pooped on the potty on Saturday..... Pray we can get potty training back on track after we are on the mend!  Zander hasn't shown signs of the flu yet but we started a dose for him as a preventative measure... pray the rest of our family doesn't get it!  Here are some pictures from the last couple weeks!  I think I am heading to bed since Maddox is sleeping right this moment and I don't know how the night will go!

 Over the break... practicing writing our name and playing with Playdoh!
 Visiting Great Grandma! (We have been able to visit both grandparents a few times which is great for me, the boys and my grandparents..... as of today.....the plan will be to stay away until the flu leaves the Houston Household for good!)
 Hanging out with our headphones!
 Date night!

 A very unexpectedly cold run with my sister.... thank goodness Zack had work gloves in his car! We busted out 7 miles on Saturday!
 Zack took the kids grocery shopping while I ran!
 The picture perfect afternoon which will probably result in everyone having the flu! :/
 Burke trying to comfort Maddox all day today ....
 Waiting for the results....

1 comment: