Sunday, January 21, 2018

What a Week!

Maddox had the flu from Sunday until Saturday.... he didn't have a fever the whole time but he had the lack of sleep, congestion and fussiness for the entire week!  I am so excited to report that as of today, one week later, I am seeing my smiling, happy two-year old again! This was the first morning that I woke up to hearing a little boy happily chattering in his bedroom rather than crying out in pain or just wanting his mommy.  This week was extremely challenging since Maddox still doesn't have a huge vocabulary to communicate everything he is thinking and feeling.  There was a great deal of frustration from him and mommy as we tried to figure out what the other was saying!  Maddox also didn't enjoy the Tamiflu too well.  He threw it up a few times and sometimes refused to take it.  I started "hiding" it in his yogurt or in some chocolate milk!  Since I only had flu-like symptoms for 24 hours and Zander has remained healthy, I am convinced the Tamiflu does help reduce the flu symptoms.  I am very thankful that Maddox wasn't sick longer and I am hopeful that we are heading toward a "healthy" patch!  I am trying to include the happy pictures for this post because that is all I would like to remember from this week!  Zack worked every day (even with the 8 inch snow that fell smack dab in the middle of this week!).... which meant I was outnumbered.... stuck in the house......one healthy kid that has prayed for a month for snow and couldn't play in it..... and one sick kid I was trying to keep calm and pain free as much as possible (and away from his brother so he didn't share any germs).  We did go outside (with Maddox) for about five minutes so Zander could experience the beautiful snow as it was coming down (and we could take a few memorable pictures).  Other than that, Zander waited "patiently" for daddy to come home or for Grammy and Grandpa to stop by for a quick visit on their way to Dad's physical therapy so Zander could build a snowman, test out his new sled, help shovel the driveway, or make snow angels.  I love snow days and am very hopeful that the next one that comes along will be more enjoyable than the past week for all the Houstons! :)














 We finally "escaped" our house and we are all smiles!

1 comment: