Saturday, February 3, 2018

What a Week (Part 2)!

So you will remember where we last left off on this blog, Maddox was feeling better from the flu and I was hopeful that we were on to healthier times!  I got a call within 5 minutes of returning to work on Monday to hear that Zander was throwing up and needed to be picked up!  So I grabbed my things and headed back to preschool.  It turns out that Zander was finishing up his preventative Tamiflu and ate only yogurt for breakfast before we headed out the door.  This combination didn't work too well so he threw up the contents of his stomach and got a day at home with mommy!  Fortunately, it was not the stomach bug and he was requesting soup and crackers by lunchtime! I have decided that a "sick" four year old is a lot easier than a two year old at this point.  I was able to put on the television and still knock out at least an 8 hour work day from home.  I had a huge "to-do" list with the snow days and missed work with Maddox the week before so it felt good to start checking things off while on the laptop at home. 

 I love these boys..... and they have asked to ride in this particular cart for months!  There are all smiles because mommy finally said yes!
 I love evening cuddles with my pup and my hubby!  I went out of town for a work conference for two days and then Zack left the following day for his annual work meeting in Orlando which meant we were like two ships passing in the night for about a week.  Thanks to Grammy and Grandpa helping while I was out of town and thanks to a dinner date with my sister and Emmy while Zack was out of town, we seemed to survive and are happy to have the Houstons together again!

Grammy took the boys to Chickfila for some ice cream after school while I was gone!  She sent me this picture!
 Who doesn't love two cute bare butts in the tub?!
Sending daddy a picture on our way to church after dropping him off at the airport for a 7:10 a.m. flight!  It was raining... hence the rain jackets!
 Zander had neon night at church on Sunday evening.  I love that right now he keeps calling it "nee-off" instead of "ne-on"!  He wanted to send Zack this picture while he was out of town!
 We had a surprise snow when we woke up on Tuesday morning.  Schools were on a two-hour delay which meant I had to be at work regular time but the boys didn't have to be at preschool until 9:00 a.m......so we "played" in the snow for a few minutes and headed off to mommy's school.  Some of my friends' kids were at school so the boys got to play while we waited for their preschool to open and while mommy had a meeting.  Zander continues to pray for snow daily so he was super excited when I told him to look out the window Tuesday morning!


 Dinner with Linds and Emmy was so fun! Emmy doesn't like sharing the helicopter with Maddox even though he tries to be nice to her.  Emmy doesn't mind Zander as much and we actually got a picture of all three in one location for a split second! We do love the Chickfila play place!


With daddy home, I was able to run with Linds this morning..... it is still rather cold but I am excited to have the time with my sister and check off a weekly run!

No comments:

Post a Comment