Friday, February 23, 2018

Hints of Spring

The weather has been incredible this week..... we have been wearing short-sleeves and the temperatures have hovered in the 70s.  It also has started to stay lighter later into the evening, giving us a chance to be outside a little more or at least make us feel that our evenings don't go by so quickly.  I am definitely a warm weather kind of girl so I have been in the best mood all week due to the spring-like weather.  I am currently at home today with a sick kiddo..... Zander was throwing up around 1:00 a.m.. this morning.  Unfortunately, he was trying to come to me as he started projectile vomiting so most of the throw up landed on the carpeted floor in our hallway rather than in the toilet.  I have been able to get a lot of work done while he has been lounging around and fortunately he hasn't been sick on his stomach again since he woke up this morning.  I do feel like one of us has been sick since 2018 started but I know these minor sicknesses pale in comparison to some of the health issues other kids and adults are dealing with..... so I am hopeful we are on the mend (again) and ready to take on the weekend, feeling so blessed that we will have time together!  Here are some pictures from the past week just to catch up on here...

Playing at the park.... Maddox has started to get really good at swings lately.... remembering to hold on when someone pushes him.  I don't send him as high as his brother just yet but Maddox definitely tries to do everything his older brother can!  Another favorite right now is the tire swing!


 Zander made his Valentine box for Valentine's Day!
My boys on Valentine's Day.... you will have to check out my annual Valentine post for all the things I love about these boys right now!  Also, Zack got me white roses as a special surprise.... we don't usually exchange gifts for any special occasion (birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc.) so this was unexpected and sweet!


I love my four-legged son! He was ready for me to finish washing the sheets for our bed so he could go to bed that night! haha
This past weekend was the first weekend we ventured out in a couple months... with all the sickness, we have stayed pretty close to home.... the boys and I had to escape and we took a trip to the local science center!




 Both boys got their hair cut last weekend.....
 Maddox is obsessed with wearing his "fire hat" as he calls it......
 Daddy is under there somewhere.....
With the new hair cut, we purchased some gel..... once Zander is better, I have hopes of trying to style his hair!
 The boys had hat day at school....I caught Maddox while he was eating a cereal bar!
Zander had cap and gown pictures at his preschool..... can't wait to see the final product but I snapped a couple pictures like any mom would do! ;) Ironically, Zack and I wore blue gowns for our high school graduation..... so this definitely has me thinking about the future!

I've been working on a banner I make every year for our school's kindergarten registration and screening.  I always include the rising kindergartners year they will be graduating high school..... crazy to think that this year's banner contains the date my firstborn will be graduating! AHHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment