Monday, March 12, 2018

Missing my boys

Work has been crazy busy!! As in... I had four evening events last week that took me away from our home.  One event (skate night), I took the boys (including daddy) with me but other than that, it was a lot of time spent with my co-workers and little time spent with the Houston boys.  The mornings were incredibly hectic last week since things were so busy and I was going off less sleep than normal so I am hopeful that we can get back into our normal routine and I can enjoy the little moments I get with my boys.  I have been sick off and on since last weekend.  I was sick on my stomach and now have a sore throat and my ears keep popping.  I am hopeful that all the rest I got this past weekend will help me feel better soon!  I took naps both days!  Today we have a "snow day"!  I had a teacher workday this morning since the snow was anticipated to arrive midday.  Our principal sent us home when the roads started to look rough so it wasn't a bad way to start a new work week!  Here are some pictures from our week...
Maddox decided to pour his milk into his cereal bowl so he could be like his big brother! Apparently his aim was a little off while I went upstairs to grab something before we rushed out the door one morning!  He is very proud of this accomplishment! haha
Zander's Pre-K cap and gown pictures were sent to me electronically this past week.....Can you believe he will be going to kindergarten in a few months?!
 I got to meet the NC Teacher of the Year this past week and give her a tour of our school!
 Skate night fun! Both boys are hanging out with older women.... haha


 We had Book Character Day on Friday.... can you tell I am the Big Bad Wolf?!

On Saturday, we needed a day as a family after the crazy week so we went to a local park and let the boys run and explore!! We knew it would be raining or snowing for the next few days and tried to take advantage of the outdoors while we were able to!  Burke joined us for our adventures!
I love the picture above!  It reminds me of the field behind our house when I was a little girl! We loved playing in that field and the surrounding woods!  It made me smile watching my boys do the same thing!

 Zander is such a helper when we go grocery shopping!
 I took this picture a few hours ago.... the snow is still coming down as I type this!

No comments:

Post a Comment