Saturday, March 24, 2018

Birthdays and Baseball

Before birthdays and baseball, I took Zander to be registered and screened for kindergarten.... I can't believe he will be at my school next year!  It seems crazy that we have been doing this parenting thing for five years now!  He did an awesome job and got the highest possible score on the screening.  Having given this screening for many years, I didn't know how my own boy would do based on all the components.  He was screened by one of our teachers and I am so proud of all that Zander knew!  I guess he is ready for kindergarten! ;)
Class of 2031!... 30 years after mommy and daddy graduated high school!


A co-worker and fellow kindergarten mom! We hope our kids are in the same class!! :)
My helpers on our weekly grocery store run.... I think these weekly visits are getting harder rather than easier...... does anyone know when this no longer feels like a chore?! ;)
I took Zander to a friend's birthday party at the science center.... he loved seeing his classmates and touching some of the animals the birthday girl had picked!

Then, we got to celebrate daddy's birthday! The big 3-6!  (I didn't have the number 6 so the six additional candles count!)
The Williams and Kennedys were over for the celebration.... we get together once a month for dinner and just so happen to celebrate whoever's birthday is that month when we are hanging out!
Maddox being a big boy and trying out the balance bike!
Maddox and Mommy Selfies!
We had another snow day on Wednesday.... isn't it spring?!  Maddox was happy to see the snow when he woke up and he even got to sleep in! :)
Zander got an early birthday present from my parents.... his baseball gear!!! Practice started this past week so he had to be ready with pants, cleats, a bat, a helmet, batting gloves and a baseball bag.  He already had his mitt/glove from Uncle Boomer and Aunt Lindsey!  He has been so excited!!
I had to show you the protective cup underwear that he has to wear! It cracks me up!  Zander likes hitting the bat to the cup! haha
Zack and I were able to fit in a date night this week for his birthday... thank you Grammy!  We went out for Japanese for dinner, custard for dessert and saw "Black Panther" at a newer theater that had recliner seats!  We don't go to see movies often so I think we confused the lady behind the counter when she was asking us where we wanted to sit before we bought our tickets.... Zack even commented to the lady..."we don't get out much!"..... haha!
While Zander loves baseball and can't wait for practice later today, Maddox was not so happy! He made the most of it but he really wanted to play with his brother!  We kept him entertained with the equipment Zander wasn't using at the time and rocks!  I think Daddy and I have decided to "divide and conquer" in the future..... one takes Zander to practice and the other hangs out with Maddox!  We will all try to go watch the games though!

Zander getting ready to bat!  He prefers to bat rather than being in the infield or outfield.  Daddy says he is going to work with him on his catching skills since he already has a pretty good swing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment