Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!

A special thank you to these boys for making me a mommy! :)  I absolutely love the current age they are and all the fun we are having.  There is never a dull moment and I am extremely tired by bedtime but they make me smile so big!  I find myself looking at pictures or videos of them after they've gone to sleep.  The wildflowers we planted in our yard and these boys in the picture below are a few of my favorite things right now!
The boys' school had a "Muffins with Mom" on Friday morning.  I was able to spend a little extra time with them before heading off to work.  Zander gave me a really pretty poem with his picture and hand print along with a potted flower that he had hand-painted the pot for.  Maddox gave me a sweet picture of himself in a flower pot he also painted.... and it said "If moms were flowers, I'd pick you!"  It was the sweetest thing to have them give me such special Mother's Day gifts.  You can tell from the picture below that Maddox enjoyed the muffin too. ;)
Here are the Mother's Day presents I received!  I also got a sweet card from my niece with her hand print on it! :)
 On Saturday, Linds and I ran our annual half marathon together.  We always have the best cheerleaders and I will have to admit that both of us get a little teary-eyed when we see them midway through the race.  They give us the motivation to finish strong!  It was a pretty hot day for a run but somehow Linds and I had PRs!  I finished in 1:57:08 (8:57 pace) and Linds finished about a minute ahead of me!  I was so proud of our performance given the heat and hills!  It is crazy to think that even with full time jobs and full time mommy responsibilities, we can fit in a weekly long run in preparation of 13.1 miles!  I am so proud of our accomplishment and equally excited about the time I get to spend with my sister.  I will have to admit that it will be nice to meet Linds for some shorter runs in the near future! :)
Here are some pictures taken from the photographer on the course... I think my favorite one is of Zander and I crossing the finish line together.... he loves meeting me at the end to run the last few steps.  I can't wait until he can run the entire half marathon with me one day!

 I absolutely love Mother's Day.  I love it even more that I am now a mom.  There is something about celebrating the special ladies in our life that makes me happy.  We have been blessed with some pretty amazing women.  The ladies in our life that love on our boys and have shaped us into the adults we are today....so thank you to our own moms for showing us a selfless love, thank you to our sisters for loving our boys like they are your own and for giving us the opportunity to love your little ones like they are our own, thank you to all our friends that stand in for us as additional cheerleaders in our endeavors and love on our boys at every opportunity.  I celebrate all the ladies in my life.... related by blood or friendship.... thank you for showing me how to be a better mom to my boys and for giving me someone to look up to!
 Henry was dedicated at Zack and Amanda's home church on Mother's Day.  It was so fun to celebrate with all of the family.  It is crazy to think that on this Mother's Day five years ago, we were celebrating Zander's baby dedication.  Time flies by so fast and I am trying to soak up moments like what we had this weekend with both sides of our family!
 I had hoped these boys would sleep the whole way home this afternoon (which would have been a fantastic Mother's Day present! haha), but I captured this picture in the fifteen minute span they slept on the way home.  As I type this, Maddox is already in bed for the night and Zander will be soon behind him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment