Sunday, May 20, 2018

Mid May

We are halfway through May, and I am counting down the days until I will get to spend some uninterrupted time with my boys!  I absolutely love my summers with them and the warmer weather is showing me that summer is coming soon!  We've had a pretty fun week and not as busy as previous ones have been.... I even took a nap today..... and it was glorious!  So I'm just trying to catch up on some of the highlights from our week.  I fit in the boys' 5 year and 2.5 year checkups on Monday after school.  I just thought Maddox was the cutest with the small blood pressure cuff on his arm!  He weighs about five pounds less than his big brother, and I am waiting to see when he will catch him in weight!  The checkup went well and more importantly we have two healthy growing boys!  (There were no shots at these appointments so that helped too!)
 We went to a baseball game Tuesday night.  It rained through some of it... so I didn't take any pictures to document our evening!  We had Superhero Day at school on Friday.  My co-worker's husband designed the shirts we wore with each of us as a superhero..... I was the Flash and it was hard to see in the picture I took.... I was on the far right when looking at the picture.  We also fit in a talent show at my school on Thursday evening and the boys loved it!
 On Saturday, I was able to spend the whole day with my mom and sister.  This has become a yearly tradition that we started when Linds was pregnant with Emmy.... something that we could do to celebrate being moms was a pretty good excuse to have a day of relaxation together!  We fit in a workout at the fitness center, got a massage and then spent the afternoon lounging by the pool!  It was calling for rain all day and we ended up having sunshine! Rain or shine, I always love time I can spend with these two ladies.  They have shaped me into the person I am today and every time we are together I feel so fortunate for their friendship and unconditional love.  It was great having some uninterrupted time to talk and just be a bit lazy!
 On Saturday night, we fit in an annual trip to Bowman Gray Racing.  Thanks to Grammy for babysitting, we were able to have the night out with friends!  We love going to dinner beforehand, tailgating a bit and then watching the cars go around the track! This particular evening they had skid races, chain races and a demolition derby added to the normal line up! It was quite entertaining!
 This evening we celebrated with Zander as he participated in the Awana Awards Night at our church!  He has memorized so many bible verses and absolutely loves going to our church!  I can't believe how much he is learning about God and His son!  He confidently shares that Jesus died on the cross for his sins and rose on the third day.  He even talks about going to heaven one day and how much God loves him.  We continue to pray that he will make a decision to accept Christ into his life when he fully understands that he is a sinner in need of this amazing Savior.  Pray with us as he continues on this faith journey.
This upcoming week holds a couple field days (at my school if the weather cooperates) and chaperoning two field trips (one for Zander's class and one for a class at my school... again if the weather cooperates!)  We will also fit in a baseball game and I have a work function on another night.  Zack is starting a new job (with the same company) tomorrow so pray for him as he gets acclimated to his new staff and new responsibilities! I am very excited about this opportunity for him and know that God has given him this job at this time for a specific reason!  I can't wait to see what Zack does while he is there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment