Friday, July 13, 2018

Summer Break: Week Three

We have loved our third week of summer break!! I took the boys to the pool three different days!  They are doing a great job jumping off from the side and Zander is even going under and swimming (when we are in water that he can clearly touch if he needs to).  I tried to take his puddle jumper off once in the big pool and he didn't like that one bit!  I wish he knew he was actually swimming and wouldn't be intimidated by the deeper water but I am trying not to push it (or traumatize him!)  We went to Chuck E Cheese last weekend (Zander had a gift card from his birthday).  This was the boys' first experience there and we had a blast!

 Also last weekend, we fit in a trip to a water park!  Grandpa won us free tickets to Wet-n-Wild so we spent the morning exploring the wave pool, splash pad and other kid-approved water areas.  It was a fun day in the sun!
I have been so proud of myself that we have been eating in for most meals (since I'm not known for my cooking in spite of my maiden name!)  We usually have a simple breakfast and sandwiches etc. at the pool or at home for lunch.  I have made basic dinner entrees that I know the boys will like (ex: spaghetti, tacos, pizza, hot dogs, grilled chicken, corn on the cob, watermelon, etc)..... but these meals have made for extra time at home and extra money in our wallet (or money that goes to other repairs that have come up lately.... but who's counting?!)  On Wednesday, we had an "Eat Out For Education" where local businesses were giving a portion of their total sales for the day to our local schools.... so we had to take advantage of this occasion..... we went for the Mexican restaurant...a family favorite!  I loved not having to prep anything or clean anything up..... we might be sprinkling in a couple more meals like this over the summer! :)

 A couple nights this week I helped set up for our Vacation Bible School which starts on Monday..... which means Week 4 of summer break will be spent at VBS!  I am helping in the "shelter" room of our "Shipwrecked" theme.  I can't wait to see all the boys learn next week and I absolutely love working with the kids at our church!  This is definitely one of my favorite weeks of the summer!
The boys and I love getting out of the house every day..... as I mentioned earlier, three days this week we went to the pool, one day I had a meeting for work so Grammy watched the boys and one day we had to visit the car place (my car was having a little trouble... I think I ran over something I shouldn't) and stopped at the doctor's office to have Zander diagnosed with an ear infection or swimmer's ear!  We are treating the ear with very expensive drops (I was shocked something so little could be so expensive!) and hoping we are ready for more water adventures as we finish out the rest of our summer!

We have also worked with stickers, stamps and markers as we wait for daddy to come home in the evenings..... Maddox usually writes on himself.... as he is pointing to his lip in the picture below.
And finally, I love this picture of the boys in the matching shirts my parents got them from some of their recent travels....they are definitely summer-approved! :)  Zack thinks it's funny they are rocking plaid shorts with them... I think it makes the ensemble!

No comments:

Post a Comment