Sunday, July 1, 2018

Summer Break 2018: Week One

We are officially on summer break which means I return to my weekly posts of all the fun things my boys and I are doing this summer! I always love looking back at these posts from year to year to see how we filled our days with fun and relaxation!  I am attempting to put some of the pictures in a collage format so when I print this blog into a book (like I do every year), it won't be so many pages for each entry! haha..... so without further ado...... Summer 2018 here we come!

Before I officially began my summer break.... I do have a few pictures from my last week at work..... one of my co-workers gave me a signed baseball from Zach Thompson of the W-S Dash.  I told her the story of how Zander really wanted a baseball at the first game we attended (with his little league team) and how he was planning on bringing his baseball glove to all future baseball games.... and she brought me a signed ball! (She didn't know that I was "mom of the year" just days before she handed me this ball when I rushed after a foul ball.... see previous post for the details on this.)  I am so blessed to work with some amazing people!  Zander thinks this autographed ball is the best thing he has ever received! :) 
 Also, my sweet hubby sent roses to my work in celebration of the last week (and to acknowledge that things had been pretty rough around the Houston household!)  Basically, during my last week of work amidst 10 hour work days, Zander threw up all over his bed.  Burke threw up all over our floor the following night.  Maddox had tummy issues and then Zack came down with the bug!  Zack was pretty puny for about a week and a half so I fortunately was able to hold down the fort healthy!  It made for a tough introduction to summer so the flowers were such a nice treat!  Zack also sent a flower to each of our office staff... including my principal!  As you can tell, we have a blast at work!  Here they are modeling the "sorority pose" while accepting their gift from Zack! Also, I always get flowers from my favorite actor..... if you watch Grey's Anatomy.... you will get who my admirer is! :)

 Now to Summer Break 2018.....
1.) We celebrated mommy's 35th birthday with a matinee movie (Incredibles 2) which happened to be Maddox's first movie in the theater (that he might actually remember!).
2.) To continue the birthday celebrations, we camped in the backyard with the Williams' family!
3.) We fit in a couple pool days!
4.) We went to story time at the library.
5.) Zander and I played board games a couple days while Maddox napped.... Zander loves Candyland and is crazy smart when it comes to memory games!! He legitimately beat me multiple times!
6.) We went to the movies with Emmy and Aunt Lindsey (How to Train Your Dragon 2, Emmy's first movie in the theaters).
7.) We headed to Atlanta for the weekend.... Maddox's first time staying in a hotel!
8.) We celebrated Henry turning ONE!  The cake that Aunt A made was delicious!
9.) We met a cute turtle in Aunt A and Uncle Jay's yard... Maddox named him "Ruben".
10.) We were all smiles returning home after a lengthy car ride!











On to week two......

No comments:

Post a Comment