Thursday, February 14, 2019

To My Little Valentines,

I cannot believe you both are five and three years old!! Where has the time gone?!  I will have to admit that our life is a little crazy right now.  We are so busy doing fun things, challenging things and just life things.  You boys continue to be full of energy and full of smiles.  You both love to talk the whole way to school and on the way home.  You will constantly call "mama" "mama" from the backseat and I help you take turns sharing what is on your mind.  You are starting to play so well together.  I will look over while I'm cooking dinner and you are shooting the basketballs into our indoor basketball goal.  You will race cars down the track.  You will run laps around our downstairs after one of you says "ready, set, go".  I pray that the friendship you are developing now will last the rest of your lives.  It is so sweet to watch the encouragement you give each other and how quickly you bounce back to loving each other after a disagreement.  In all honesty, you still "get on each other's nerves" and have to be separated at times for a moment to cool down.  The moments before bed when we read books together (sometimes having Zander read to Maddox his take home readers) are some of my favorites!  You love cuddle time before bed.  You will tell me about your days and, of course, we say our prayers and sing songs.  Maddox's favorite songs are "Wheels on the Bus", the ABC song and "Jesus Loves the Little Children".  Zander's favorite songs now are "I Love You, Lord" (mommy's favorite) or songs that Zander makes up on his own.  Zander is reading books, counting past 100 and noticing patterns in numbers.  He is really starting to understand the concept of time (when he is waiting for something to arrive from Amazon or a certain holiday on the calendar- patiently waiting day by day or waiting for a certain time limit to lapse as a timer has been set-usually to finish his dinner).  Maddox is doing a great job with knowing his colors and starting to recognize letters and numbers.  He loves holding books when we are reading, pointing to words and turning pages.  He has a counting book (called "Night Light") where he will count each of the objects and then point to the corresponding number (1-10)..... it is so cute!  He still has the sweetest speech impediment that makes me smile and sometimes makes it hard for me to understand what he saying!  Today he was saying "Valentine's Day" and I thought for sure he was telling me something about his "balance bike"!  He gets really excited when we are finally speaking the same language! ;) Both boys give the best hugs and love with everything they have.  They are so tenderhearted that there are often tears when something or someone upsets them.  They are so resilient and handle our busy schedule so well.  They quickly get in the car as we head to our next destination!  They love the science center, the beach, the mountains, the park, riding bikes, and really anything that involves the outdoors!  I can't wait to see what fun activities we will get to enjoy together as you continue to get older and add to your individual interests.  You two boys are some of the best parts of my day.  The moments where we can just be together and not worry about any to-do list or expectation.  Thank you for loving me with your whole hearts and for allowing me to love on you as your mommy!  I love you so much!  Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite little boys!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment