Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter and Zander turns SIX!

Dear Zander,
How can you be six years old?!  You keep reminding me that you have to use two hands to show how old you are now! I am in disbelief that this is actually possible!  I am loving your current age and when I look at this first comparison picture (showing one of our first pictures together and our most recent photo together), I cannot believe how far we have come!  We have both learned so much!  You are the boy that made me a mommy six years ago, and I have no doubt that God knew you were meant to be my oldest son!  I was so scared those first few months from watching you in the NICU to figuring out the new normal of nursing and sleeping around your schedule.  I feel like I am still learning every day but I'm no longer scared.  Together we have figured out this whole parenting/child thing.  We have moments that are not our best but we also have moments where things seem to fit so perfectly!  Today has been one of those days.  You were so helpful this morning with your brother as we were trying to get out the door for church.  You have gotten used to helping him get buckled and unbuckled in his car seat.  You proudly told everyone "Happy Easter and It's My Birthday!" as we walked into church.  Throughout the day, you would say just that to everyone you saw.  Daddy asked you on the way home from church what was most important today.  You quickly responded that Easter was more important than your birthday.  When I asked "why?"  You responded, "Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose on the third day.  That is most important."  I am so proud of all you are learning about God and his Son.  I know this is the most important thing you will ever learn and I pray that I daily show you the type of love He has shown us.  I pray that I point you toward him in my words and actions.  Unfortunately, I fall short on a daily basis, but you have the type of forgiveness toward me that God has shown us.  You begin each new day with a fresh start and even when moments might be tense, you bounce back so quickly with your optimism and positivity.  Your smile is so contagious!  Your whole face (including your hazel eyes) lights up when you are happy.  You love baseball, running, soccer, reading, anything with numbers, P.E., recess, your friends, your family, going on trips, staying home, going on walks, riding your bike, helping your brother, taking the lead, giving hugs, talking to people, and bedtime cuddles!  I love how you ask for a bedtime story (lately a fairy tale) every night after we have read books, said prayers and sang a song.  Right now you want to be a meteorologist when you grow up and have shown a fascination with the weather.  You love Hot Wheels cars, race tracks and anything having to do with sports.  This afternoon while Maddox was napping, we were able to go to the nearby middle school.  We played baseball, soccer and went for a couple laps around the track!  You were able to test out your new helicopter after Maddox woke up from his nap too!  I think you have had the best day!  Currently, you are working on your thank you cards while I am typing this.  You make sure to include everyone that got you something for your birthday.  You even made sure to write a card to mommy and daddy (even though I wasn't going to put us on the mental list I had).  You have such a caring heart.  I pray that you will always have compassion for others and the childlike resilience that you possess.  I'm so thankful you are mine!  Happy Birthday Z! :) 

 Last night as a five year old.....
 Maddox always looks up to his brother.....
 Celebrating #6 and Easter at Grammy and Grandpa's!
 We've also had the best week celebrating our risen Savior!  Maddox had an Easter egg hunt at school on Thursday.  We attended a local church's egg hunt that we've been to the last few years.  Grannie and GranDan came to visit to celebrate GranDan and Zander's birthdays.... it worked out that they could attend the egg hunt too!   The boys were surprised by what the Easter bunny left for them (see the baskets loaded down below)!  We ate Easter lunch after church at Grammy and Grandpa's!  The Easter bunny had dropped off more eggs for the three kids to hunt for.





Happy Easter from the Houstons!
He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” - Luke 24: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment