Monday, May 13, 2019

Happy Mother's Day 2019

I got to spend the weekend with my boys which is the perfect way to spend Mother's Day weekend!  On Friday, I went to Muffins with Mom at Maddox's school.  As you can see, he was really "cheesing" when his picture was taken.  He wrote an "All About My Mom" that just makes me smile and laugh.... apparently, I'm really good at making bananas! ;) 

 We ate breakfast with the Whites on Saturday morning.  The boys' shirts say "There is no buddy like a brother".  I am praying that they find this to be true as they get older.  At the current stage, they are fighting more than hugging so when I catch a rare moment where they will sit with their arms around each other, I have to snap a picture!  I love the moments they play together.  In all honesty though, we are spending time in opposite corners of the room or of our house on many occasions due to the arguing and fighting that the boys engage in.  Thank goodness they are cute! ;)
We went to church together on Mother's Day.  The boys wore matching outfits and cooperated for more pictures so I was excited to have some pictures with my boys.  We ate lunch at our house afterward.  Grammy, Grandpa and Great Grandma came over to join us!  The Kennedys stayed home this time since Emmy was running a fever.
 A few other things from our week..... we continue to enjoy cheering on our baseball player and Maddox loves hanging out with the big kids while brother plays ball.  He can keep up with them too as you see from the picture below. ;)
 We also have a new ride!  Zack is without a truck for the first time since 1999 as we realized we needed a larger family car for our family (especially for a couple upcoming road trips).  We are excited about the extra space the 2019 Subaru Ascent has (including a third row and captain chairs for our boys) and with the AWD, we know that Zack and I will be safe heading to work no matter the driving conditions (especially in the winter months!)  The car has everything we needed and wanted for our current stage of life and we continue to feel blessed to have been able to get it!
We also got to cheer on Dr. Kennedy (a.k.a Uncle Boomer) as he officially walked across the stage to receive his doctorate!  It is such a huge accomplishment and definitely something to be celebrated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment