Saturday, August 3, 2019

Summer Break: Week Six!

My final summer post!  Sadly, I head back to work this week.  I always love how many pictures I can take of my boys over the summer (documenting all the fun outings we are able to do together).  You will notice I use many collages because there are just so many pictures!  I know that in the upcoming weeks, there will be a lot less pictures since most days I will be working and the kids will be at school.  Maddox has open house at the end of the week and will start next Monday.  Zander has a few weeks until he starts first grade!  Fortunately, Grammy and Grandpa will be taking care of our boys while I am working until they start back to school.  Stay tuned for our annual back to school pictures in the upcoming weeks!  Here is how we have spent our final "summer break" week together.  We kept things pretty "low key" as we are easing back into our normal school routine.  The boys have been asking for a happy meal for awhile so they were so excited when I went through the drive thru and made all their kid dreams come true! haha
 On Monday, we went to the science center with Aunt Lindsey, Emerson and Grammy.  It was shark week at the science center which meant the boys got to participate in some fun tasks and even win shark drawstring bags!  We also bought the boys a new pair of shoes for "back to school".  They absolutely love them and didn't mind posing for a picture that I could send daddy to show off the recent purchase!


 On Tuesday, we went to a friend's pool to swim.  No pictures to document this since I was in the water watching my two little fish (that no longer wear flotation devices).  They are doing such a wonderful job jumping in and swimming either to me or the wall/ladder.  They love the parts where they can touch and swim around gathering "torpedoes" off the pool floor.  Also, they love when I throw them in the air and they swim to the side!! I am so proud of these two boys and their current swimming abilities!  On Tuesday afternoon, we celebrated Great Grandpa's 90th birthday.  It was a really special celebration with baked spaghetti, salad, garlic bread and vanilla cake with chocolate icing.  I had asked Grandpa specifically what he wanted to eat for his birthday meal so it was fun to plan the meal around his preferences!
The boys have been asking to play corn hole every day since we saw some boards at the beach.  On Wednesday morning, we rode bikes and played some corn hole in the front yard before meeting Grammy and Emerson at the library and park for a picnic lunch.  (You will notice I also mowed on Tuesday morning before the pool..... we haven't had much rain but I tried to clean up the yard a bit!)
 On Thursday, we met Daddy for lunch and got to see his store and co-workers.  In the afternoon, we went to see The Lion King.  The boys weren't as excited about this movie as some of our other recent movie outings.  We still enjoyed the experience but I found myself having to "hush" them a lot and try to explain what was happening when they had questions about the sequence of events. 
This week, Zack and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary!  As I was talking to mom, I realized that we will have been together 15 years in January!  It is crazy how time flies when you are having fun, working hard, and keeping up with two active boys!  We got to go out to dinner (sushi at Fire and Sticks) and then walked through downtown Greensboro (stopping for dessert at Cheesecakes by Alex)!  It was the perfect way to spend another year of wedded bliss. ;)
Today we took the boys to the Wyndham Championship.  This was Maddox's first time at the links and Zander's third time at this course for the tournament.  The boys walked the front nine before they started to get tired.  It was fun to see the golfers and explain the sport to the boys.  Grandpa plans to take Zander to a driving range or putt putt course before he heads back to school.  When we got home this afternoon, the boys got out their clubs and were hitting plastic balls around! haha

This summer has been my favorite one yet with my boys.  They are becoming so independent and really starting to play well with each other.  There were definitely moments that required time outs, tears and mommy having to take a few deep breaths but overall we had the best time enjoying the summer together!  I think I am already counting down until the next break we will have off together!

No comments:

Post a Comment