Thursday, September 26, 2019

Busy Party Planning!

I just finished four events within the last five days where I was responsible for providing food for groups of people! It has been so much fun but it has also worn me out!  haha .....Last Saturday night, we had all of Zack's co-workers over to the house and their families!  It was so fun to watch all the kids play together inside our house and in the backyard.  We had leftovers so we have been eating yummy food all week!  On Sunday morning, I was responsible for breakfast at church.  Donuts, fresh fruit and juice made for a successful breakfast!  We celebrated Great Grandma's 88th birthday after church with a yummy lunch and cupcakes... thanks Grammy!  You will see pictures of the great grand-kids with Grandma below.  On Tuesday, I had to get food for our staff while we had a parent conference event.... pizza, salad and Halloween candy made for a yummy dinner between conferences ;)  Finally, last night we had a baby shower for my sister and Baby Kennedy.  We prepped meals in anticipation of Baby K's arrival, knowing that Linds won't want to cook or plan meals while she is tending to the newest addition.  She took home 15 meals that will be stored in the freezer until my niece or nephew's arrival.  We had tons of fun chatting while we mixed ingredients.  The perk of using Dream Dinners was that the staff did all the cleanup and all the cooking equipment and utensils were provided!  They also added some of their own specialty dishes to the snacks that Sarah and I brought, which made for a delicious dinner!  This made for one of the easiest parties I've ever hosted and has gotten us even more excited about the upcoming months and the Kennedy Family of Four!

A few pictures of the kids as well..... Zander is doing great spending time with friends and entertaining himself while I finish my work responsibilities in the afternoon... here he is with some of his first grade classmates while all the mommies had a meeting.
Zack and I had a date night Friday night.... we had the most delicious sushi and I absolutely loved the presentation of the food!
Grammy and I took the three kids to my school playground on Saturday morning while the Kennedys were at a football game and daddy was getting everything ready for his work party.  We had a blast and enjoyed the unseasonably warm temperatures!  There is a joke (and video) about Linds and I on a seesaw growing up.  I was not giving her a fun ride as I bounced her up and down using my larger size and weight!  It make me smile and chuckle to watch my boys on a seesaw! Zander was much more kind to his brother than I was to my little sister!  ;)  Burke also got to go for a ride to get his nails trimmed on Saturday.  I love watching him hang his head out the car window and that his ears flap back and forth due to the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment