Friday, October 4, 2019

Grandpa Turns 70!

Last weekend, we were able to celebrate Grandpa's 70th birthday with family and friends!  It is hard to believe he is 70 years old!! I still think he looks and acts so young that I'm discovering that age is just a number and can't really define what you are able to do or accomplish.  Grammy worked hard to make a book with many positive comments about Grandpa.  I wasn't surprised to read all the incredibly nice things people had to say about my dad!  We enjoyed a delicious dinner out at J Peppers in a private room and the grand-kids loved helping Grandpa blow out the candles and eat his cake!

I just love how Zack and Zander matched for church last Sunday.  It was not planned but Big Z and Little Z looked cute in their red shorts and plaid shirts!
 Also, Zack worked hard in the yard last weekend.  He cleaned up our vegetable boxes and added kale as we head into fall.  He also added this cute fall "scene" out front that I thought made for a photo opportunity!  Even though it has been in the 90s, we are officially in the fall season and looking forward to all the fun activities this season brings!
 Zander has been doing great at school.  He has been earning extra points for great participation and got a Bow Tie Behavior award for making good choices during the school day.  Thanks to Grandpa, he is able to cheer on the Gators as well. ;) (He also just came inside for recess when this picture was taken...haha!)
Our children's minister sent me the October issue of the Parenting Christian Kids magazine.  I was surprised to see my Jr. Cubbies group on the front page.  I just love how Maddox is leaned into me as we are discussing a story in the bible.  We typically have about 18 three-year-olds so there is never a dull moment on Sunday nights!
 We had an Author Study day at our school this week.... we chose characters from Snow White as an office staff and first grade selected characters from Kevin Henkes books... you can see Zander with his best friend, Mia, below.  Zander decided to be Chester.

No comments:

Post a Comment