Friday, February 14, 2020

To My Little Valentines

To Zander and Maddox,
How are you already six and four years old?!  It seems like yesterday that I was posting my first Valentine post with the two of you and that has been four years ago now!  I am loving your current ages!! We are having so much fun riding bikes, playing Uno, snuggling on the couch, learning memory verses for church, eating at some of our favorite restaurants, racing cars, going for walks with Burke, swinging at the playground, meeting up with friends, spending time with family and overall just enjoying our time together.  There are definitely moments where you go into time out and need some time away from each other but there are also moments where I just sit and listen to you playing WITH each other, respecting what your brother has to say, taking turns and sharing ideas and toys.  I pray that your friendship will only grow as you get older.  I pray that all the tackles will turn into high fives, pats on the back, cheering each other on as you grow into the person God created each of you to be.  You have some things in common..... like you both get up early  and go to bed pretty easily.  You both love playing Mario Kart and you both love tackles from daddy and hugs from mommy.  You also have some differences which make you unique.  I cherish that Zander is my helper, the first one to offer to clean up a mess or to complete a chore.  I appreciate that Maddox is my sharer, willing to give his brother a new toy he recently received as a gift or his blanket during cuddle times.  I absolutely love how Zander's eyes light up when he talks about his day or tells a story he wants us to hear.  I can't get enough of Maddox's smile, how he immediately comes into my room first thing in the morning with such optimism.  I hope that both of you never lose your enthusiasm for life and for learning.  I pray that you will constantly seek ways to help others and be generous with what you have been given.  I pray you will learn this from each other and from us.  I pray that you will always know how loved you are by your daddy and me.  We feel so blessed to have you as ours.  Happy Valentine's Day to our two (not so little) boys!
Love, 
Mommy (and Daddy)

Some pictures from our week.... we had a tornado warning last week and some pretty rough weather once the warning was lifted.  We got out of school early and I was able to pick up Emerson and spend a little extra time with my boys, niece and nephew!
We celebrated the 100th day of school dressed like we were 100 years old!  I borrowed some things from my grandma.... who happens to be 88 years old!
Zack and I got to attend a Fitz and the Tantrums concert.  We typically don't have the same music interests.  We have been to three concerts in the 15 years we have been together..... a country concert (my pick), a rock concert (his pick) and this show!  This is the first concert we both enjoyed being at together!  We have about three bands we actually agree upon.  We both had a blast, and we are already hoping to see them again when they are back in NC!


 Zander had a field trip today.  I wasn't able to attend due to a work commitment.  I loved getting this picture from a co-worker.... it is so sweet how so many people love our boys!  I was able to stop by after the county-wide spelling bee to say hello and snap a couple pictures before heading back to work!  I figured with the field trip being less than a mile from where I was, I had to check in! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment