Sunday, March 22, 2020

Preparing to Work From Home

So I will officially start working from home tomorrow.... which means that I'm attempting to balance my professional work load, homeschooling a first grader and working with a preschooler.... prayers are appreciated as I navigate the new normal for a bit.  The coronavirus is impacting more people than I think anyone anticipated, warranting the shutdowns of businesses and restaurants (only providing take out now), the closing of schools (providing distance/e-learning), the emphasis of social distancing and spending more time at our home.  Grammy did such an incredible job working with my boys this week while I finished up supporting our families at school.  She had them working, playing, and they are already asking me this morning when she will be coming back over.... I think they loved every minute of having her at our house!  The weather has been beautiful here, giving us the opportunity to ride bikes, go for walks, and go for a family hike!  I'm praying that we can continue to enjoy the outdoors while keeping our distance from others during this unprecedented time.  
We are unable to visit Grandma right now.... so I was able to go outside her window and talk to her on the phone.  I was able to show her the engagement ring I had sized that belonged to her which was pretty special!
On St. Patrick's Day, Grammy and Grandpa managed watching all four while Linds and I were at work.... hence all the green!  We are trying to keep things as normal as possible for the kids, and we are finding a schedule or routine is beneficial for all of our sanity!
Currently, Linds and I are still able to meet for our weekly run.... we knocked out 10 miles in anticipation of a half marathon we have scheduled for the middle of May.  At this time, we are unsure if it will be cancelled or postponed but we are enjoying the exercise and socializing which will help us make it through the upcoming week at home!
I really wanted Zack to have a great birthday this year ...... I picked up his favorite food and got him an ice cream cake!  Apparently, the ice cream cake was not meant to last in its original condition..... I tried to put it into a very full freezer and took off part of the icing and lettering.  Then, I forgot to turn off the ice maker (which is where I stored the cake), causing the cake to have even more "character" than it originally did.  Right before we sang to him, Maddox decided to swipe his hand through the icing on the top and smeared the corrections I had attempted to make to the cake.... we just have to laugh at this point and realize that my attempt to give Zack a good birthday celebration should be enough! Everyone had a great time and it was special to spend time with family since those are the only people we will be seeing in the upcoming weeks!
We were able to fit in a family hike earlier in the day as well!  It was requested by the birthday boy and just what all of us needed!
 Zander is about to lose his other front tooth..... it is so wiggly!! I somewhat can't wait to see that gap in his teeth until the adult teeth come in.  His other tooth is already coming in so it won't be long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment