Saturday, March 28, 2020

Hanging at the Houston Home: Week 1

We survived.... hoping we can move to the point of "thriving" but, for now, the kids learned some new things, mommy got at least 40 hours of work in (probably a lot more.... too many to count!), we fit in some outside time, we had to establish new rules (which are now posted on the fridge with painter's tape), we said goodbye to our beloved principal whom I have had the pleasure of working with for 7 years, we visited Great Grandma from afar, and celebrated making it through our first week of mommy and kids working from home by eating our favorite ice cream in a culdesac near the restaurant!  Fortunately, daddy is considered "essential" so he will still be going to work as we are sheltering in place!  The sheltering in place started last night for our county.  I realized that I had not left the neighborhood in six days due to the busy work week.  It felt good to grab some take out last night and eat dinner at the picnic tables in our neighborhood. We have been eating all meals at our home.... making it challenging to provide school, entertainment and nourishment!  We are knocking it out but it is tough work! Praying for all the mamas who are in my same situation.... working a full-time job from home, teaching their kids, and missing daddy while he is still working away from the home.  I saw the post below last night and I needed to hear it!  I think this past week I focused so much on my job and getting the kids "work" turned in, that I didn't appreciate or enjoy the extra moments I had been given with them... the moments to eat allllllll the meals with them and get a little more outside time in with them.... to play the "floor is hot lava" and a game of Sorry!  I pray I focus more on those moments in the upcoming week. The work will get done.... they are only this little once!








No comments:

Post a Comment